Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays, Hawktalkers!

These are NOT NIU Huskies!

2 Likes

Rudolph The Red-Nosed reindeer just entered the portal.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Remember our Miami blessings and have patience with that which we can not control. (Even though we would like to)

4 Likes

1 Like

Merry Christmas! Of course they aren’t NIU huskies -

1. The snow nose is not that bright
  2. The stray cats are a major distraction
  3. The “what’s in it for me” attitude ruins the spirit of giving
  4. Squirrels are a major distraction
  5. The spontaneous zoomies cause the sleigh to run off course
  6. Excessive shedding causes limited flight visibility
  7. The presents all arrive opened
  8. “Woo woo woo’s” wake up the children
  9. Warmer climates are not on their itinerary
  10. All the cookies left out would be eaten entirely
1 Like

They should be NIU Huskies.

After all, as we learned last year, we are Illinois’ MAC team.

Wishing all the MHT’ers a very Merry Christmas. :santa:

I’ve got one lying next to me on the sofa. You’ve been around them, I see.

Mine was born and raised on the NC/SC coast so he tolerates hot weather.He has never seen more than a snow flurry. He’s quite polite and patient…speaks several languages (talks, howls, sings, and very occasionally barks). Blue eyes! Needs his own Roomba.

His leash and harness are purple.

1 Like

I have a retired sled and show Siberian laying here and one that likes the snow but not to do anything. Owning huskies (NIU or otherwise) has been something my parents and I have done.
Enjoy your family right now. Losing my father a few years ago have made the holidays more special to enjoy with family.
Seven years ago tonight, I was surprising my parents with a trip to Alaska to watch some huskies. Allowing me to rep Miami at the Iditarod start in March 2017.

4 Likes

I served Alaska from Seattle for 25 or more years. Got to see the ceremonial start on Fourth Avenue once. Have been out to the Iditarod HQ and museum in Wasilla.

My Husky is def a Washington Husky.

1 Like

We made it to Wasilla after our 2009 cruise. In 2020, my parents and I were supposed to go back. Dad had to have his kidney removed in January so it ended up being my bff (and Miami roommate) for the ceremonial and restart.
We only spent a few hours in Fairbanks in 2009. I’d love to see more of the city.

2 Likes

If you ever get back to Fairbanks, I highly recommend the Museum of the Arctic on the UAF Campus. And out to North Pole for a Christmas vibe.

I like SE Alaska (Juneau/Petersburg/Ketchikan/Sitka) and the Kenai Penninsula.

Happy Holidays!

1 Like

I have been to Alaska multiple times. My photo here was taken on the Kenai river there. We had a grandson born in Fairbanks. One of the best experiences in Alaska would be Fairbanks in the winter.

1 Like

I lived there and have returned several times. I second all the recommendations given here, especially the Kenai Peninsula. It is a real gem.

1 Like

The drive from Anchorage to Seward is the prettiest drive.
And so if any HawkTalker would like an Alaskan vacation, this board can certainly give tips.

2 Likes

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THAT ARE CELEBRATING!!

Merry Christmas - here is our gift!

5 Likes

The two best moments of Miami sports in recent years were that UC game and the MACC win over Toledo. I love that picture and I have one of my own just like it at home. Merry Christmas!

5 Likes

Beautiful dog. Man’s best friend all day long.

1 Like