Martin interview

I know Coach was an accountant and I think he did have a job but I think the Big 4 alum is Sayler

He was at Deloitte and Touché

1 Like

Miami’s going to have one come September 1 - it’s just that it’s the wrong Miami.

2 Likes

His son has special needs. I think he’s had more of life to deal with than many of us.

2 Likes

You see? This is why I’m one of the fans that he laughs at. Because I’m an idiot, and I rarely know what I’m talking about. Had I played football at a collegiate level under Coach’s tutelage, perhaps I wouldn’t suck so bad. But alas, I was too old, lacked the athletic ability, and it was not meant to be.

Look, I am a Coach Martin fan. I may not know the man’s life story, but I think he’s a great coach, and I feel like I’ve sung his praises around here (as well as the previous hawktalk sites) over the years. I honestly didn’t even intend for my post to come off as negative, it was supposed to be a defense of his interview which was rubbing some guys the wrong way. Having been around throughout his tenor, and hearing a number of his interviews over the years, I realize that’s just his way, and no one should take any offense to it. That was the gist of my post anyway, but I recognize that I’m also not the best internet poster when it comes to articulating my thoughts.

1 Like

I hope Chuck is still laughing at all the fans after last night’s effort.

2 Likes