Mansion for sale on Darrtown Road for $1.4 million

Anyone know who owns this baby? It’s just about three miles south of Miami’s Oxford campus. Hawktalkers should band together to buy it as a place we can all stay during weekend trips to Oxford for games. Lol

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3654-Darrtown-Rd-Oxford-OH-45056/72254078_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

1 Like

If I was speculating, I would say it’s The Bagel and Deli guy. Line was always out the door and the huge space could hide an industrial size kitchen. Never understood how a shop that small could turn out the volume they did. This must be it!

Whoever buys it, hire a quality painter

2 Likes

It’s just missing the charm that the house a few of us stayed in for the MAC championship game in Detroit a few years back had.

1 Like

The thing that stands out to me is that there are homes in Oxford the same price as I see in the Bay Area. It 1:1 but shockingly close.

2 Likes

Well you sure as hell aren’t getting 6br in 10K square feet for $1.4 in Burlingame.

2 Likes

On-line records say this house is owned by John Albert Cook (age 35).

1 Like

No, Ned Stephenson lives (or used to live) in a lovely, custom-built home by the Oxford Country Club (down in the ravine off of the 9th hole).

1 Like

No, indeed not. But looking at other homes (not Bagel and Deli Guy house) I would have thought the prices would be way different.

I was just kidding.

1 Like

Wonder if they’ll just let me rent out the basement and live there?

2 Likes

Butler County Auditor says Bruce and Anna Gray. Bruce is listed as an anesthesiologist at the hospital.

1 Like

Is he very good?

1 Like

Ever see Robin Williams impression of an anesthesiologist?

Not my taste…especially the interior. Given its location, I’d suggest it’s someone who wants to be “off-grid.”

1 Like

Off the grid? In what way? That house most likely has access to high speed internet and any other amenity outside of being able to walk to things.

2 Likes

Anesthesiologist at Kill’em and Hyde’em?

1 Like

If the tube TV goes, no deal.

Or Menlo Park/Atherton/Redwood City where my kid lives

Not to diminish 1.4 mil, I mean that’s certainly a big chunk of change, but for a property that size (over 10k sq ft) in today’s market, that actually seems quite affordable. The housing market has exploded the last 3-4 years. Honestly, a bit surprised it’s not valued higher.

2 Likes