Maddox Kopp

Maddox Kopp is shown on the participation stats sheet for playing in one game this season.

How is this possible? I thought the NCAA ruled he had to sit out the year. Is this in error?

1 Like

This better get clarified ASAP.

PFF does not have Kopp playing even one down on O, D or ST so I think its likely an error on the NCAA or Miami site. When it comes to player participation (and where each player lines up) its a pretty meticulous process so I trust PFF.

1 Like

The player participation site after games often has many errors - both adds and omissions

1 Like

Can’t imagine he even dresses for games.

I think that’s a given.

I am pretty sure he dresses in his jersey- probably no pads- but I almost sure I saw him on the sidelines

1 Like

He’s been on the sidelines in his jersey.

1 Like

I don’t believe ineligible players can dress. He certainly has not dressed out. Jersey only. He has traveled with the team though, which is unusual for a player that can’t play.

1 Like

Don’t you think QB’s who might get to play in the future are often treated differently in regard to traveling with the team.

1 Like

Roethlisberger certainly traveled his true freshman year. I remember seeing him on the field at OSU. Now he was probably in pads but certainly not playing

Ben was eligible, though. I agree with BC1 that is seems a bit unusual to travel an ineligible player.

No, at least Not ineligible players. Especially when there are at least 5 other QBs dressed that travel. I think it shows how much CM likes him. I would be bringing kids that could play. The only exception was last year. Gabbert traveled and obviously deserved to be there.

1 Like