MAC postseason basketball

I think the ladies are getting nastier and uglier than the men right now. This year has felt particularly bad on the physical front and if the NCAA doesn’t take a look at it, going to get out of control. Win with grace and lose with grace.

2 Likes

But just don’t punch Grace in the face.

3 Likes

Well played. Well, well, played.

1 Like

Darryl Dawkins had a dunk he named the “In Your Face Disgrace.” Now it’s a handshake.

3 Likes

Bowling Green is down 31-28 at the half vs Florida. Nyla Hampton (Led the league in steals and is BG’s best ballhandler ) is missing her second straight game. Earlier this year they lost starter Morgan Sharps on a season ending injury. Alyssa Brett is wearing a mask ( result of the sucker punch) so the Falcons are far from full strength, but one good hot shooting streak and they could win this game.

Announcer said they have over 4,000 tonight as a BG win puts them in the Final Four of the 64 team WNIT.

3 Likes

Just amazing. All the haters who think the MAC can’t represent are crazy. Also, if BG can do it, so can Miami. I hope the Growling Bean wins.

1 Like

Amy Valasco, not a normal starter, explode with 15 points in the third quarter ( she did not miss) and BG is up 8 at the end of the 3. They got the hot shooting streak that they needed.

2 Likes

Bee Gee wins big. Onto final 4 v Columbia. Yikes what a difference a coach makes. They play without a very key player and still dominate 2nd half. Very few turnovers in 2nd half. What a concept.

2 Likes

BG ends up blowing them out in the second half and win 69-52. They are now 31-6 ( ties their all time wins record) and heading to the Fab Four. BG will play Columbia ( who beat Harvard), probably on Wednesday night and hopefully back at BG again. It looked like a sell out crowd tonight, and the students were really into it. The other semifinal is Washington vs Kansas.

In the WNIT Columbia has beaten Fairleigh Dickenson, Fordham, Syracuse, and Harvard. They won the Ivy league regular season championship and are 27-5.

1 Like

They are going to paste Columbia. BG to the NIT finals. Little known fact: MAC has had 3 men’s teams make it to the NIT finals all back in the early days of it when it was considered a greater tourney than the NCAA: Ohio, Toledo and…The Growling Bean!

I think all those appearances were before the MAC existed though right?

1 Like

I think the MAC was founded in ‘46? So a few were after. Let me confirm…

Edit: you win. All were pre MAC. My logic has once again failed us all. Balls!

Love seeing this BG run! Winning is fun as the BG students are finding out…

2 Likes

Elissa Brett with 16 points (despite 1-11 from 3).

BG is now the fan favorite!

1 Like

Run the table, Falcons! A couple of starters out yet they continue to blow the competition away…now that’s coaching!

4 Likes

Bowling Green will host again, 6:00 Wednesday (tomorrow) The game sold out in one day!! You can watch it on ESPN3. The other semifinal is Washington at Kansas at 7;30 on ESPN+.

3 Likes

BG got down 23-7 to start the game, then made run after run, but never once had the lead. Final was Columbia 77 BG 70. There was a packed enthusiastic crowd of over 4,000.

2 Likes

Washington got blown out by 25 at Kansas…were down 30 once. BG at least gave it the old college try.

This isn’t about the MAC but I didn’t want to start a separate thread. For those of you that don’t follow women’s basketball, you are doing yourselves a disservice. If you haven’t seen Catitlyn Clark of Iowa play, go watch some highlights. She is simply amazing. Not only a prolific scorer, with seemingly unending range to her three point shot, combined with the ability to drive to the basket, but she is a tremendous facilitator for her teammates. I can’t say enough about how fun it is to watch her play. Last night Iowa defeated heavily favored South Carolina to advance to the NCAA Womens Championship game against LSU. Clark had 41. She had 45 in the semifinal game.

4 Likes