MAC Media Day

Bash! I can’t quit you!

Waiting for somebody to tell us about how Miami had one of the nicest podiums in the country back in like 1957.

4 Likes

We won best podium over UC 13 years in a row once!

2 Likes

Marketing, yes

But if you want to really market the MAC, when a team plays a bigger named football opponent for a payday, then it’s a #MACrifice

(Copyright pending)

3 Likes

And if we’re going to do pirates we have to schedule games every year at ECU - where they truly know how to do Pirates!

1 Like

If we expand to 16 teams we can become the Big MAC and hire a fleet of lawyers.

1 Like

which is no small feat given UC’s renown design and engineering programs.

2 Likes

We won the podium battle, but UC won the podium war. Also, I’m not sure your math is right because during ww2, the podiums were all repurposed for the war effort and the competition was put on hold.

If all the podiums were repurposed for the war effort during WWII then why is there no podium in the opening scene of Patton? I call bullsh*t on your claim!

1 Like

I don’t really care about the podium. More concerned about the future of the MAC and other non power conferences…

2 Likes

No, the UC Miami podium was refurbished for the military. After the war, the wood was turned into an outhouse and some believe it may have ended up at Marshall university but there are too many outhouses there to know for sure.
Anyhow, now you know the origin of why Marshall is known as The Thundering Turd.

1 Like

C-USA media day looks electric

That can’t be their main stage. We should try to sell them the House of Blues podium.

They don’t even have a podium.

1 Like

The Fun Belt had a classy podium!

1 Like

All of the MAC media day videos I’ve seen from HOB looks pretty cool to me. Nice change of pace from the typical sterile environment at Ford field. JMO

1 Like

It was def funky - in keeping with the HOB image.

That podium sucks. It must be awful to keep clean of finger prints.

They committed resources to a cleaning team each 10 minutes…speaks of the big time the MAC cannot afford, LOL!

2 Likes

That is classy. Likely a lucite construct. Nice height to speaker ratio. Looks strong yet portable.

3 Likes