MAC Media Day

ESPN says MAC media day is Tuesday, July 26.

I picked this off the EMU football site. There is no announcement of it on Miami’s site yet. Brett and Ryan McWood are going up with CM. I thought they normally did this in Motown. Now in Cleveland.

2022 MAC FOOTBALL MEDIA DAY:
Tuesday, July 26, House of Blues, Cleveland, Ohio
8:30 a.m. – MAC Football Media Day Registration
11 a.m. – State of the Conference, Commissioner, Dr. Jon Steinbrecher
11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. - [MAC Football Media Preview on ESPN+

1 Like

Yep, used to be at Ford Field… Could it be a sign the MAC football championship game is moving to Cleveland just like basketball :eyes:

2 Likes

Would be a lot colder in Browns stadium the first week of December. My dad took me to see the Browns play Washington on December 5, 1965, I believe. With wind off the lake and blowing snow flurries we about froze our asses off. But I got to see Leroy Kelly and Sam Huff - something I’ll never forget.

4 Likes

I would still prefer a dome stadium for the championship. If not ford field, perhaps Lucas Oil. Although I know they already have the Big 10 championship.

1 Like

It’s a pretty good bet that the Big Ten championship will move to Chicagoland if/when the new Bears dome in the NW Suburbs gets off the ground. In that case there’s a slight chance the MAC moves there from Detroit (I’m not a fan of that idea), but we’d be crazy to move it to Cleveland outdoors.

3 Likes

This year at least the MAC championship is in Detroit. It is odd that the media days is in Cleveland

There is a concert on the 27th. Maybe that is the reason

1 Like

I think the Big Ten is planning to move their Championship around in near future (Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, even LA now?) instead of only playing in Indy which would allow MAC to move as well.

1 Like

Picked first in the MAC East. Behind NIU and Toledo to win the conference.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Also in his announcement: “due to pandemic budgetary shortfalls, the official MAC podium paint job upgrade project has been put on hold.”

6 Likes

Can you imagine any other D1 conference using such crappy staging? The “1946” on the MAC logo may refer to the age of that podium in addition to the conference’s origination…

3 Likes

Commish is like “it’s ok! We are pirates!” And I’m like “fine, but even pirates wore pants.” I’d like to think someone is getting a talk down over this sloppy branding error but I doubt anyone even noticed.

3 Likes

Detroit is right in the middle of the MAC and the facility is great. This is where the football championship game should remain.

5 Likes

Before getting upset, it’s taking place at the house of blues in Cleveland. Go send them a message for supplying a sub-par podium. It’s not like conferences travel with podiums…

2 Likes

Jive, I don’t travel with a podium, but I do travel with a soapbox.

3 Likes

How embarrassing to have Michael Reghi as the media face of the MAC. Comes off as a buffoon- like a sports version of Ted Baxter for us old guys.

4 Likes

His “greatness” belies you…

Guys, like hipsters and MLS soccer, the MAC is here to stay and/or on rising trajectory.

One day people will get fed up with semi-pro college football!

1 Like

Too funny…now if he had mock Blues Bros next to him…the podium works!

2 Likes

I like the beat up wooden podium. It shows a sort of blue-collar lunch-pail toughness that a wimpy mid-century modern metal and glass podium doesn’t. Chuck Martin would approve.