MAC losing members?

https://x.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1839466606831063438?s=46&t=ZH1fFGwu8Q0191V3SgsUtQ

1 Like

Football Only? Why would they want that?

1 Like

I hope they dont take it. But they might.

Stupidest expansion idea ever. Seriously. Silly to a level that’s beyond comical.

They will be dominant in the Summit League or the Horizon League in the other sports. It seems like desperation by the MWC.

1 Like

Thing is, if the MAC ever dissolved, Miami would have plenty of suitors. I think we’d head east. But, why dissolve the MAC.

I’m curious who you think would want Miami and where we would go? Not trying to say that’s not true. Just curious about your thoughts.

4 Likes

I don’t want anything to disturb our peaceful corner of the college athletic landscape, but I have thought about other conferences that would consider Miami as an added member. The academics are strong, and athletics has a strong history. I worry that our smaller fanbase and lack of student interest would deter potential conference suiters from pursuing us should anything happen to the MAC. That said, Miami’s “vibe” could fit in within the ACC. Wishful thinking, but us being grouped with the likes of Duke and Syracuse doesn’t seem all too bad.

8 Likes

MWC will likely have a war chest to entice members (see Air Force & UNLV). Would really stink for the MAC and likely spell the end of its relative stability. Sayler needs to be (sure he is) all over this. An alliance looking South and East would be my preference.

1 Like

The Colonial would take us in a minute. Cincy media market is bigger than most of their schools. Still D1. I’d take my chances on a few others as well until the dust settles in 5 years. MAC going to stay together though. Too many reason to list here.

I am guessing the media money wouldn’t be nearly enough to pay for the non-revenue sports to travel around the country. Hence football only.

1 Like

Hey, who knew that Toledo was in the Central Time Zone…

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if their annual media money is much better (if at all) as reconstituted than the MAC (esp after travel costs factored in). It’ll be the exit and poaching fees that could infuse several / many millions to new members.

1 Like

Man, I did not see this one coming at all. The MAC is a dramatically different conference without those two schools.

1 Like

We have our own time zone here. It is still 1977.

2 Likes

Does the MAC have the balls to kick them out entirely? They should if both schools accept.

5 Likes

I am not sure I would want to join this new MwC but I was a little sad that Toledo and NIU were offered and we werent

2 Likes

Thats OK. Theres absolutely no reason for Miami to travel out west for ALL away games.

Yeah, without NIU, who is Buffalo going to beat now?

1 Like

I don’t see why NIU or Toledo go anywhere if it’s for football only