MAC Championship Game

21 - 16 Kent. Looks like a big crowd. Compared to some of the “crowds” at these league championships, it’s a good look for MAC.

A 27 win team won’t be going to March Madness.

1 Like

Toledo cuts 11 point lead to 4. 6 minutes left in half.

Somewhere Michael Reghi is slumped on a bar stool in the blue glow of ESPN2, nursing his rum and coke, blubbering to the guy next to him, “I should be doing this game!”

2 Likes

Kent 35-34 at half. Shumate shut out in half, RayJ with only 4.

1 Like

I hate basketball, but this is a great game.

2 Likes

Kent back up by 11 with 4 minutes left. They’re such a confident team.

1 Like

I feel like UT earned a berth yet I also feel like Air Bud was one of the most underrated athletes of our time. Thus, my opinion doesn’t matter. Toledo, the beat of no show berths goes on. Damn. Mac should get two as the league is much improved. It won’t.

1 Like

Credit to Toledo for hanging in there, but until they become more committed to the defensive side of the floor, this will happen on repeat to them. Kent St., unlike us, also knows that taking Shumate out of the game is the key to slowing down Toledo. Shumate only got 5 shot attempts up and was exposed defensively. And when Carry plays an efficient game as he did tonight, Kent’s almost unbeatable. I wouldn’t want to play them next weekend.

The MAC only deserves 1 bid. Per Kenpom, the conference ranked 19th this year. The bottom of the league needs to improve and the top of the league needs to win some marquee out-of-conference games. Altogether, the MAC beat 3 top 100 kenpom teams out-of-conference this year.

1 Like

Death, taxes, Toledo losing in the MAC tournament

2 Likes

Kent projected as a #13 seed in the NCAA tourney and Toledo a #5 seed in the NIT.

Clearly, we wore them out Thursday by keeping it under 20.

Hey Kent, you’re welcome.

1 Like

There were 9,300 for Friday night’s semifinals and 8,300 for the championship game.