MAC Championship Game Thread

Actually Jive if you go back and watch them, most of his TD runs you are mentioning started as inside runs that he then bounced outside. They didn’t start as outside runs.

2 Likes

Blues, I made a similar comment in a previous thread… Rashid has been very effective in starting inside and bouncing it out when he’s been able to gain the edge w his speed. And Jive is right that some of his big runs have been outside, but they weren’t seemingly as slow developing.

In last week’s game, it seemed to me we had a number of delayed handoffs to him deep in the backfield that were designed to go outside. BSU’s effectively shut those slow developing plays down by penetrating into our backfield.

Additionally, Aveon made a number of bad reads on the option plays inside… realize those are split second decisions and it’s far easier to see the holes on TV. The worst of these was on the fourth and one call when Aveon kept the ball instead of handing off to the back.

1 Like

This is behind the Toledo Blade pay wall. Looks like an interesting article!

We’ve had numerous past debate on this board a out this very phenomen…Increased apps due to a significant athletic endeavor or accomplishment. Some posters have been adamant that there is no cause and effect but this information would say otherwise.

1 Like

Click on the article, and hit Control+P to read it in Print Preview.

3 Likes

I’ll do it on a laptop later. I’m on an iPhone.

Made it to my Hotel near DTW. Going to Uber down to Ford Field tomorrow morning. See you all at brunch. Someone bring some name tags for HAWK-TALKERS and a Sharpie.

Still looking for a ticket for my son for the pre-game breakfast- let me know if I can purchase a ticket from you- we may have 2 tickets for sale in the Miami Section - Section 104 , Row 34. Let me know if you are interested in purchasing

Miami administration and admissions have said for years, it’s the academic experience that students come for. I’m thinking they’re right cause the kids sure don’t come to games

1 Like

The “school” damn well ought to be providing name tags and Sharpies for Miami fans for identification purposes. Whether it’s the President or ICA, it would only be another evidentiary piece in the case against them that they do not care enough to take care of their fans/ alums, etc. to plan for this stuff…and then they wonder why attendance is so skimpy…or do they even give a rat’s rear about that.

Many years ago, I told a former Miami President that if Miami had a chess club, it’d be held in higher esteem than the fan base for athletics. I believe that still to be the case…so sad.

Athletics, as has been said by many at places other than Miami is a university’s front porch but, at Miami, it continues to be allowed to slip into what looks like poorly neglected Section 8 housing and then we wonder and debate why places like OSU, X and UC continue to garner fan and financial support.

All I wanted was a pen and some simple stick on name tags for our group. Wow!

2 Likes

Miami may have 6000/7000 fans at Ford Field tomorrow but we have a pregame event for max 300 - this makes no sense - Miami is losing an opportunity to connect with many alums

1 Like

I don’t want to turn what should be an exciting day into a :poop:fest on the athletics department, but I had someone from the athletics department tell me that Miami doesn’t travel well enough to justify holding events at away games. @yanksalex surprised him when he told the guy we’ve had >100 Miami fans show up to an Airbnb off campus just for the Notre Dame game.

1. I think it’s clear we have enough fans who travel to justify holding events more regularly
  2. If you do it regularly, you can build the traveling fan base and build some loyalty and fundraise. But the department throws everything at the wall and sees what sticks. It something isn’t an immediate success they drop it.

If the answer had been, “we’re just not staffed appropriately to deliver the type of experience we’d like,” I’d get it. But the dismissive tone was borderline offensive with the type of turnout I’ve seen.

The next time I saw this person they mentioned the department doesn’t want money from people who wear their hat backwards and double fist drinks at tailgates. Brad Okel did mention Sayler is coming around as the donor base dwindles.

3 Likes

Just bust out some throwback ”Redskins” garb. You’ll be immediately
Known.:joy:

that backwards hat comment lol get off your high horse miami

Well I suppose that invalidates any donations I’ve given. I expect my refund check on Monday, and that’s before factoring in mental anguish (photo taken before the 2017 UC game).

Tom of traffic at Luna Pier. Can anyone get the game delayed?

We got thru fairly quickly about h 90 minutes ago. Then smooth sailing 80mph. $20 parking at stadium Essy in to zFord.

1 Like

Just saw Gabbert on his crutches hanging out on the sideline BSing with some guys a bit. Then he hopped on the Lions golf cart and got driven off. It was good to see him on getting around a bit on the crutches though.

2 Likes

He was on a zero gravity treadmill yesterday as seen on his Instagram.

In Section 105 now. Let’s do this.