Let's Get It Started...BEAT UC WEEK!

Recently overheard my neighbor say “Wait, McVay went to Miami?! I absolutely hate Miami” as they watched SNF in their backyard. Flying my Redhawks flag every day this week & will be in Oxford on Saturday

11 Likes

IMG_2425

Let’s take a minute and remember one of the best visiting fans out on this site during UC week, gruehls. Greg passed away in December 2011 but his comebacks were legendary when he made his appearance during an Miami/UC football week. Speaking personally, for those of us who shared PM’s with Greg, he was gracious and a great man to know.

We miss you Greg. You’ve got the best seat for all your Bearcats games. And if you can please keep the rain away this weekend, we’d be glad.

9 Likes

They are. IFC is hosting a tailgate where every fraternity will have a tent at pregame.

4 Likes

Love to hear that!

1 Like

The issue is whether they stay for the game. They had them last year and the majority of students who went to the tailgate didn’t stay for the game.

1 Like

Hard to believe it has already been that long ago, Professor.

2 Likes

ROLL CALL!!! Have this in “tickets” page as well but going for full press coverage…WHO’S GOING TO THE GAME??? Going to try to get there early enough to tailgate at Millett?

3 Likes

Will be there, also very interested to learn where this board sets up their tailgates since I would love to finally meet some of you MHTers

1 Like

Now if only they were allowed to act like college kids and actually have fun there….

If you’ve ever been to frat lot in Columbia, you’d know what I mean

2 Likes

I’ll be there.

1 Like

COMO or the one at Columbia with Five Points?

1 Like

The students know this game means something though

2 Likes

I will be there with 4 of my fellow elderly, my junior daughter, freshman son and whomever they bring. God help me.

I am concerned, however. My wife and I have been tailgating in the NW corner for 25 years. People we haven’t seen in years randomly show up in the knowledge that we will be there.

If the ticket office follows through on their stated goals that won’t happen. They have said that no one will be admitted to West Millett before 7a. Beginning at 7a all cars will be directed to specific spots. If you want to tailgate with someone you had better drive in sequentially.

I get it. They don’t want people using more spots than they pay for. In fairness, we have been part of the problem. Our crew paid for 3-4 spots and used 4-5.

I am expecting to be very unhappy.

4 Likes

Columbia as in the USC Gamecocks……

1 Like

Cockaboose Country!

Fuck uc

3 Likes

Fridays are WEAR YOUR RED Fridays!

Beat the Ukittens!

2 Likes

The one day a year that I break out my Miami tie for work

6 Likes

Any Hawktalkers in the West Millett lot?

We’re here. Grllin’ doggiws in a bit. Have plenty if you want to join. Extra chair too. Would love to see you again

2 Likes