Kotecki

Was he dressed today? At the end of the game today, Miami emptied the bench, and he didn’t get in. Seems odd. Hopefully he’s just sick?

I don’t worry about him not playing. Guy is super raw but very, very talented. Seems like a good person. I think he makes huge progress this summer and is a big part of the rotation next year. He has colossal upside.

3 Likes

I’m super excited about his upside. Wish he was getting some more minutes. We’re already playing ten guys, which is a lot. But seems to be a terrific supporter of his teammates - which I love. Really hoping he breaks out next year (or later this year.)

4 Likes

So he was on the bench today?

He was on the bench. I thought there was a chamce that they viewed it as walkon time and he was above that?

2 Likes

That would be my guess as well

1 Like

We have officially turned the corner as a program in that we have seriously good players who do not always play. That’s a big step forward. Last year that was not the case.

3 Likes

I agree. Having watched him early, I felt he was more advanced as a frosh than Elmer or Potter. My “wild” speculation is that Steele felt he needed to play Potter and Elmer to get them comfortable playing D1. Also, with Mirambeaux and Morris, playing four front court regulars doesn’t leave much time for a fifth. I assume Kotecki is redshirting which is a good thing.
This is and has been a rebuilding year. To me, Steele is hitting all the right notes. He has said many times he has a three year plan. I understand and agree with his playing time for guys this year. The next several years will be not just playing time, but winning time!

2 Likes

Unlike football, Kotecki no longer can redshirt - he has already played in several games.

2 Likes

I think we will likely win 15-16 D1 games this year (maybe more with a little luck before the year is done.) There is no doubt in my mind things are moving quickly.

2 Likes

OOPS! Just checked and you are correct. I thought there was still a rule like football that allows so many games played before losing a redshirt.
NM.

We currently have 10 D1 wins with 6 regular season games to go. I think we split, but maybe 4-2 and a win in Cleveland. I guess 15 is possible.

1 Like

The last week of the regular season with home games vs Toledo and Ohio could be very interesting. Winning either or both of those games could send us to Cleveland with more momentum and hope than any time since Charlie Coles was still in charge.

2 Likes

Maybe. Sometimes a coach just forgets a guy in the excitement of getting the regulars off the court after a big win and trying to get everyone else in. I have seen that happen and the best thing a coach can do on that situation is just apologize to the player.

2 Likes