Kent State on Saturday (1/7)

A really good 20 minutes after we ended the last game poorly, nice bounce back. 8 turnovers is too many, but 8 assists on 10 made field goals is nice to see. If Carry keeps getting his, but the others don’t get going, that will be fine for us.

1 Like

Ok. I haven’t been watching. ESPN box score says only Smith has come off the bench.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I saw Chuck at a hockey game once, and he joined the students during the “Jump Around” dance. That’s the kind of thing you just can’t unsee.

3 Likes

Tatum was in.

Kent very quick, very aggressive. Look for every chance to drive and dish. Miami mainly working around the perimeter. Smith and Mabrey need to start hitting.

2 Likes

Probably the best we’ve played against a physical team. Didn’t back down. Stayed in the game mentally, even after mistakes. Several different points in the game we could’ve wilted like against Marshall and ISU and didn’t. Need to keep it up in the second half, but a pretty big jump forward after CMU.

3 Likes

We can’t shut down Carry, but other than that, our defense has been outstanding. Carry just too good. But overall our best defensive effort of the year.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Anderson (and others) looking gassed.

Just tell him it’s the MAC Championship Game and he’ll no show.

If my memory is right, Kent St. only 3/10 shooting to start the 2nd half.

I would imagine it was poetry in motion

I’m not sure I’d play zone again. Kent has adjusted nicely putting Jacobs in the middle which gives him a 1 on 1 chance against the middle big.

Would you rather have Carry 1 on 1 or anyone else?

Up 6 at the under 8 timeout. Not bad!

Morris having an outstanding game. And I wish we had 3 more Saffords!

6 Likes

Freaking robbed on that charge/block call. Damn.

1 Like

He was still moving to his right on that charge call…brutal timing

3 Likes

Anyone actually expect this to be a one point game at the 2 minute mark?

2 Likes

Absolutely terrific effort by Miami. Just too much Sincere. Fought to the last second.

5 Likes

Fought hard. Much better game than at CMU. Too many TO’s particularly in big situations, but KSU plays really good D. Too much Sincere for sure.

Much more optimistic after this game.

3 Likes