Kam Craft

https://x.com/travisbranham_/status/1772669876064096421?s=46&t=mPlcG4M_xdzFZMdSX_jqFA

8 Likes

Great! Assume he played for him at X…Or was recruited by him.

Edit: Just a blurb. Two blurbs now.

Nice film!

3 Likes

Sweet. Is he the highest rated recruit we’ve had, at least in a long time?

2 Likes

He redshirted last year and has three years of eligibility left. He should be an immediate contributor. Xavier University Athletics

3 Likes

Awesome news!

1 Like

Certainly a 6’6 guard and a 4 star recruit is not something we get normally

Does anyone know was this years red shirt injury related. Seemed like his freshman year was hampered by injury

Steele should feel comfortable with him - I assume he was part of his recruitment to X

Good replacement for Mabry

Epic. And it’s gonna get even better. Just wait.

4 Likes

He wasn’t cleared to play until October, so he elected for a medical redshirt to preserve a year of eligibility.

2 Likes

Numbers in limited time are good. Rebounding percentages would’ve been at the top for guards. Biggest issue was the turnover percentage.

Nice to see a shooting guard w 6-6 height…should help us with defensive match ups. Injuries have hampered him at X, but he had impressive stats in high school senior year w 3 point shooting over 40%, and 89% free throw shooting.

2 Likes

I believe the highest we’ve ever had commit directly were 3 stars. Among transfers in, Willie Moore and Kamari Williams were 3 stars and Dion Wade was unranked. Among players who decommitted and reclassified, Braxton Beverly and Sidney Curry were still only 3 stars even after the second round of recruiting.

Clearly you have some inside information. Tell us what you know or we’ll have Grumpy, Skin66, and Dick beat you with tube socks full of pennies.

1 Like

Nah. Just my gut. And unscientifically, the players I see the staff following. Every year the roster is going to get incrementally better. And that is no disrespect to anyone who left. It’s the nature of an improving program.

2 Likes

Dwain Williams (Yea, him!) was actually once ranked the #21 recruit in the country. Of course, he never played for us but gave a verbal.

Some of Craft’s offers out of high school:

5 Likes

Official

3 Likes

He’s going to be an absolute game changer if he can stay healthy.

1 Like

This kid needs a fresh start after enduring all those injuries while at X.

Hopefully he can return to form, and with his height and shooting ability, he could be a real “sleeper” for us!

1 Like

Hawaii basketball? Not exactly a powerhouse program - I guess not a big loss….

What is meant by the reference to Hawaii basketball ?