JoJuan Armour Update

BlockquoteJoJuan Armour, program director for the Mayor’s Initiative to Reduce Gun Violence, is resigning from his post with the City of Toledo, Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz confirmed on Tuesday.

Mr. Armour’s resignation was first mentioned by Councilman John Hobbs III during Tuesday night’s Toledo City Council meeting.

Mr. Armour has been working as an employee of the city to help reduce Toledo’s homicide and gun violence rates, overseeing the operations of the city’s violence interrupters and working with residents and city youth to educate on violence reduction.

The mayor said that Mr. Armour informed the city of his decision on Monday and that his last day would be on Friday, March 11. He added that he was “disappointed” to get the news.

“What JoJuan and what the gun violence initiative was doing, I think that there’s a lot of evidence that it’s starting to pay dividends and starting to show results,” the mayor said. “So absolutely I was disappointed.”

Mayor Kapszukiewicz said that Mr. Armour’s departure is on good terms and that he cited the want to be closer to his family in Columbus.

Mr. Armour did not immediately respond to The Blade’s attempt to reach him. A telephone message was left for him Tuesday evening.

Blockquote

1 Like

Sad to see him leave Toledo. I met him for the first time about 3 months ago and he was planning on starting a youth football league for underprivileged kids.

2 Likes