Johnny Gaudreau

Well that’s devastating.

https://x.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1829484156679520286

1 Like

Just read the same story on Yahoo! Sports

1 Like

I was hoping the rumors spreading overnight weren’t true, RIP to Johnny :pray:

And Matthew

Wow, reading more today was supposed to be their sister’s wedding day. Absolutely tragic

Absolutely horrible. He did a long interview on Spittin’ Chicklets last summer and seemed like a great dude.

Terrible news! My kid and most of his friends are 31 year old former or current hockey players. What a tragedy!

1 Like

Drunk driver passed two vehicles and hit and killed both Gaudreau boys.

How many times do you hear or see it written, “Don’t drink and drive”

3 Likes

It’s just awful. Many prayers for the family and friends.

That is terrible.

If/when the driver is found guilty I hope he recieves the maximum sentence. There simply is no excuse for drunk driving especially now when there are many options available to get you home. Taxi, uber, lyft, etc…

1 Like

They’re now reporting the drunk driver had an open container and was drinking while driving.

2 Likes

He’s going to get a very long stretch. Enjoy your time, slap-dick.

Last year 32% of traffic fatalities involved alcohol. In 1986 it was 52%.

It is still far too many and little consolation to anyone who has lost a loved one but this is something that has been trending positively for quite a while. Most Americans no longer view drinking andcdriving as either funny or a victimless crime.

1 Like

The media reports that the perp seemed surprised that the judge was keeping him in the clink until his arraignment on Thursday.

Maybe he was planning to drive to the Shore for a big Labor Day party. Geez!

1 Like

This story just gets harder and harder to read

2 Likes

Not only a drunk but a history of aggressive driving.

1 Like

20 years isn’t enough. Throw away the key!

1 Like

The breathalyzer reading of .087 is actually quite low. In Michigan, that would raise a presumption of operating while under the influence, but I’ve seen a hundred much higher than that. 2-3 beers in short time would do that (or at least come close). Still, it’s over the limit (I think–could be .10) and two guys are dead and several families are broken. And I read he had an open container in the car. So, 15-20 years sounds about right. That is justice and sends a message.
I always told my drunk driving clients, even first offenders who did not blow real high, that it is a serious problem and exceedingly dangerous. Tried to relate the severity of what can happen. This case is an example and is horrible.

I just had a client that was .355.