Joey Hart offered

2023 6’5” guard from Indiana

5 Likes

This kid has a lot of good offers. Wonder if we can get him on campus!

3 Likes

Joey Hart is a 6-5 2G from Linton, IN

247 Profile: *** “88”, #6 in Indiana and #26 2G in Nation and the #150 nationally ranked player
RIVAL PROFILE:

OFFERS: MIAMI, Ball State, Indiana State, Loyola (Chi), New Orleans, Northwestern, UCF, Wichita State, Southern Illinois, Wright State, Evansville, IPFW, Illinois State, Missouri State

TWITTER

2 Likes

Pedon offers at Illinois State

I mean, on paper this would be our biggest pickup in years?

Looks like a “Purdue Fan” has already shamed us…hmmmm

1 Like

From June 21, 2022 Prephoops report of the 2023 standouts from the KABC shootout:

6’5 SF Linton-Stockton (IN) 2023: Hart got the gym jumping with a lefty dunk off his right foot, showing some impressive explosiveness and coordination. Hart is a big time scorer who is required to create for himself a lot on his high school team. Hart gets to his spots well and can really score it from the mid-range area. Hart right now is a priority at the mid-major level with double-digit Division I offers.

1 Like

Looks like he may be a coach’s son?

Missouri State offers

1 Like

Annual Charlie Hughes Shootout this weekend in Carmel IN and nearby venues. Players include Markus Burton, Joey Hart, Zane Doughty, Sam Orme.

2 Likes

Toledo offer.

2 Likes
1 Like

Is this typical of a mid-major recruit to announce a top 4? Seems more typical of a top 50 recruit nationally, not Joey Hart.

You be you Joey Hart…who cares, we are not in it.

2 Likes

Not unusual at all. I see it a bit more with our football recruits than our basketball recruits, but not uncommon.

I’m not surprised to see us not in his top 4 either. With either 0 or 1 spot left, there’s a good chance we don’t see much activity within the class of '23 until the staff has a better idea of weakness through gameplay and who might be leaving. Would make sense for the staff to hold onto that potential open space for a transfer or a late bloomer. We probably need to be open to the idea that even though Miami has never been a program with a lot of incoming transfers, the transfer portal has changed recruiting and we’re at a disadvantage if we don’t use it at least once a year.

2 Likes

Recruiting Twitter has gotten a little out of control-I saw a kid with a full blown color graphic announcing he was coming BACK from the portal.

Evansville seems to be his hometown team. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s trying to build up excitement there before he commits.

The social media graphics are, oddly, a major part on recruiting these days.

It’s criminal that last coaching staff did nothing by the way of social media besides tweet about Purdue

2 Likes

Commits to UCF