James Madison Home and Home (home in 23, @ JMU in 26)

Just found this announcement. Looks like we’re going to be part of UC’s OOC plans at least through 2024. The the current contract runs through 2029.

1 Like

“Yeah us?”

:wink:

We are fortunate… nearly every single one of JMU’s impact players are seniors.

1 Like

Based on what I am watching today I would not want to lose the UC series

Also we may want to look for an OSU payday in 2027 or so. I feel like the Buckeyes might be seeing their glory days coming to an end

A supported Miami program can compete with UC. Their ascension to P5 is on the back of winning in a terrible conference: something that Miami is currently in. If the school doesn’t invest in the program soon, then we need to drop UC…

1 Like

Oh my! Predicting the demise of a program that has the top 85 picks at every recess is going where no one has dared to go. The old adage is that you should NEVER have a losing season at OSU. It will be as true in 10 years as it was in Woody’s day.

It is fun to see a team coached by a bunch of position coaches and graduate assistants pounding the stinkin’ Bearcats.

Satterfield is not Fickell but I don’t CM will ever beat UC.

Eh….it’s not like UC is going into the B10 or SEC……other than $, I’m not sure how much recruiting will be positively impacted in the long run

Look at West Virginia. Totally meh and nobody would confuse them for world beaters. I see a similar situation for UC.

2 Likes

There aren’t more than half a dozen FBS P5 players a year to recruit in West Virginia. The state’s population is less than 2 million with two FBS programs competing for talent. UC will now be one of just two P5 programs in a relent-rich state with 10 million people. I see UC and the Big 12 newbies all being relevant in the P5 - just like TCU is relevant this season…

I don’t think state lines mean much today

1 Like

No but about half the kids on most rosters come from close-by. Many kids still want their relatives to be able to watch them play. Miami used to be 70% Ohio kids. Now we’re 70% out of state. Part of UC’s rise to the top has been attributed to their ability to get local kids - some of whom we used to get.

1 Like

West Virginia is close enough to PA and OH for families to watch them play.

And in any event, my point is going up to the B12 does not automatically equate to much better teams. It could, but I’d bet UC is much more WVU than TCU. We’ll see…

1 Like

Most years WVU has only a couple kids from the state of West Virginia on their roster.

1 Like

UC also shares Hamilton county with OSU, KU, IU and UL.

Cincinnati having a lot of Ohio kids has more to do with their inability to land their first few choices.