Jacob Conner (Marshall Transfer)

Marshall fans anticipate forward Jacob Conner from Kettering, OH to transfer to Miami.

2 Likes

Cool! I can certainly forgive him for poor decisions made in his younger years.

2 Likes

Marshall had a super tall team the last few seasons. Jacob is listed as a 6’8” guard. Have to think he’d play forward at MU. He would be an excellent edition.

2 Likes

Nice pickup…If true.

He’s big…At least 6-8 and maybe 6-9. Very thin, but talented.

1 Like

Averaged 6.1 PPG and 5.1 RPG as sophomore, and he was seeing some playing time (26 minutes a game). . Only shot 35% from the field so he may be a better fit as a small forward than a guard. Could really help us on the boards. I have seen his height listed as either 6-8, 6-9, and even 6-10 on a Marshall profile.

Not a great scorer, but passes well and his defensive numbers are well above average and he can stuff the stat sheet. I think Steele can get more out of him than Marshall’s staff but I’m not expecting 26mpg. Probably a nice rotation for Elmer.

1 Like

Just poked around social media to see what schools had contacted (again, contact doesn’t always mean an offer), but there were some solid programs: UD staff, SLU staff, Wright State staff, JMU staff, Liberty staff, Coastal Carolina staff, Green Bay staff

2 Likes

Watched several videos of him from Alter to playing against us last yr and this season highlights. Kid can definitely play. Would be a great addition. Long, skilled, can shoot, block shots. And, maybe the best part, is we take him away from Marshall. A win win for us.

3 Likes

As a freshman, he played 28 minutes vs. Miami at Millett Hall on 11/17/22. His line:

4-6 FG
1-3 3pt
1-2 FT
4 rebounds
6 assists
10 points

Plays on the perimeter. Great kid. Super hard worker who LOVES basketball (Steele requirement)

3 Likes

Here’s a video of his highlights from that game. Unrelated, but it’s wild how much improved this year’s team was from then. Also laughing at the Marshall board talking about Miami’s team being full of D2 players. That '22 definitely was. Then they gave up 17 and 16 to two freshman guards and lost on their own court this year. I’d be shocked if their new staff wanted to schedule another home and home with the trajectories of the two programs.

4 Likes

I am hoping these rumors are true. Remember that game his Fr year in Millett. I was impressed.

Just checked Marshall’s roster for '24-'25. Conner is NOT listed! Looks like they know something we don’t–yet.

He did enter the portal April 2nd. I can’t remember if his name was listed in the transfer portal thread

1 Like

Do we know that this is anything more than a rumor posted on a Marshall message board? I try not to get my news from herdfans.com :rofl: He has been in the portal for a couple weeks now.

Did not know that–obviously. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Had Miami offer from Owens

Commits to Dayton

https://x.com/jacobconner24/status/1784216680064778342?s=46&t=Jw0NIeUI60K6VzMJm6_hlg

Welp

1 Like

I think that any thoughts about coming to Miami evaporated with the signing of Woolfolk. Still, too bad. Then again, Dayton pays much more than we do.