I need some good news

We have a senior laden team this year and it looks like even my 7-5 preseason projection is in jeopardy

But I thought I remember Coach Martin saying that he really liked the freshman class. Can anyone confirm anything about the scout team doing good things? It doesnt seem to me that they are playing

One freshman whose parents we spoke to is likely to play max 4 games (?) to preserve a redshirt year possibility.

I think that is a goal. With the 4 game rule we may start playing a few of the more advanced guys. I think we have a couple of highly thought of running backs, perhaps they will see some action before the year is over, just not more than 4 games. Few freshmen come in ready to compete at this level, plus most of them don’t come till about a month before the first game and they are just so far behind the upper classman and only a couple of freshmen each year are enrolled early enough to participate in Spring practice. Usually guys get their first real playing time in year 2 or year 3. I think Strader might have been the only Freshman last year who used up a year of eligibility.

2 Likes