I debated posting but another Miami fail

So my son is going to Miami and we just had orientation. At orientation we picked up a Code Red brochure and Miami had a discussion about athletics- all good

The bad- we tried to sign up both for code red both days we were there and the app didnt work. Apparently it didnt work for many- not user error

Then when the kids went back with their SOUL ( a student for breakout topics) they were supposed to learn how to download the sports app and put the UC tickets in their app. That app didnt work. So none of those students downloaded the tickets

This doesnt happen at other places but continues to happen for us

3 Likes

GRRRR…

The student ticket process is horrible. It was so much better when you could just show up and swipe your student id. I guess the app thing is new this year but this was the student website you can buy tickets for https://redhawktix.evenue.net/signin?uf=ST&ui=SHO&continue=%2Fcgi-bin%2Fncommerce3%2FSEGetGroupList%3FlinkID%3Dmiamioh%26groupCode%3D%26RSRC%3D%26RDAT%3D%26shopperContext%3DST

I think you can buy code red there too

2 Likes

Student app/online to get tix has been in place for a couple years. My son is a senior and I remember the frustration when he and his roommate were trying to get their hockey tix for dad’s weekend. Was a mess 2+ years ago. Can’t be that hard to ask a friendly school who is the vendor/platform for their app and sign it up.

3 Likes

Absolutely abysmal but not surprising.

3 Likes

Dumb question but what exactly is Code Red? I see signs for it at the rink all the time but never knew exactly what it was.

I assumed it was sort of a Nexus pass for students to get into athletic events.

3 Likes

Code Red is this:

1 Like

And is Bowling Green’s equivalent called a “Code Brown?”

(Asking for a medical professional friend.)

2 Likes

A proctologist by any chance?

1 Like

Sort of. They call him the “Ass Man” and I’ll leave it at that!

1 Like

Couldn’t resist.

1 Like

I watched curbed season 11 on a long plane ride. Just amazing.

2 Likes

“Welcome to Bowling Green,Ohio. Watch your step!”

2 Likes

Ahhh…thank you.

1 Like

Don’t really blame you for not knowing what it is. It’s really only mentioned a couple times a year (orientations and hockey season). From what I understand they push it to a bunch of freshmen and then nothing ever really comes of it. You get a tshirt every year and early entrance to hockey games (which is useless atm) and if you’re lucky you can pay an additional fee on top of the code red entry to go to a big non conference away game (football). They really need to abolish it or seriously reform the experience and start pushing to make it larger

4 Likes

The thing that just blows me away is that the alums we have (even just on this board) could likely get that app working correct. Shitty tech in 2024 doesn’t have to be.

3 Likes

If code red was an actual fan club that would do stuff to actually hype students for events it could actually be useful especially since it’s practically just a big database of students that might be semi-interested in Miami sports, but unfortunately the $20/$25 price tag for code red is pretty much what it is worth and nothing more.

1 Like

Somebody can fact check me on this but I think Code Red started when I was in school (02-06) and was sponsored by Mountain Dew, which just launched a new drink called…Code Red. Its remarkable that Code Red is still around and named that 20 years later.

2 Likes