How many players from MU have played in the NHL

I want to know how many Miami players have played at least one game in the NHL. Hard to find given my limited knowledge of the internets and my Jitterbug™ phone. Help!

Miami (Ohio) (NCHC) Alumni | Hockey-Reference.com

2 Likes

Was about to post the same - it lists 37, 15 “active” (played at least one game last season)

1 Like

Thank you both. This gives me real joy as the number is higher than I realized. Ps, Rolly played 75 games? That’s awesome! He was a grinder. Damn those old days at Goggin were fun.

Really exciting last couple of days as the Blue Jackets had 3 former RedHawks playing together

5 Likes

hope hockey at Miami can be good again. last 7 seasons: ouch.

2 Likes

I hope they all continue to get minutes, as I’m moving to Columbus in a couple of months.

2 Likes

Speaking of Jack…I’m glad I added him to my Fantasy Hockey team a few days ago. He’s hot. 5 goals in 2 games.

1 Like

That’s cool. I didn’t realize Hockey-reference did that.

I maintain a spreadsheet as well and also include Stanley Cup playoff stats. We’ve had 17 players (15 skaters are two goalies) in the NHL postseason.

1 Like

Would be cool to have a list of all time Stanley Cup winners as well. Apologies if it’s there and I missed it.

It’s in my spreadsheet above.

1 Like

Doctor Bonk, clearly I’m not very smart as I went back in and can’t find it. Just curious how many former MU players have won Stanley Cups. Mind sending a screen shot? Ps, my guess is 6.

1 Like

It’s in the Playoffs section:

Dan Boyle
Alec Martinez (2x)
Blake Coleman (2x)
Kevyn Adams
Jeff Zatkoff

2 Likes

Thank you much! At least I was close in my guess which makes up for my dumbassery.

CBJ extend Jack for 2 years/8 mill. He played really well in the second half. Better than anyone on the Red Wings IMO.

2 Likes

Trent Vogelhuber was named AHL Cleveland’s head coach. So three Miamians on Columbus plus the CBJ’s Triple-A coach is a former RedHawk.

I’m not old enough for this.

1 Like

That’s how I felt when I saw a mock NHL draft for 2025 and realized eligible players were born in 2007. I have underwear older than that.

1 Like

Yeah, I watching the U18 Women’s Worlds this week and seeing all these players that are headed to college, and then realize my daughter played with/against most of them and that she is heading to college soon. Getting old(er) sucks…