Hockey this weekend vs Duluth. 2/25,7 pm and 2/26,5 pm

Senior night on Saturday.See how many points Daschke can rack up, he’s ranked 9 th for Miami Defensemen with a few games to play still.

Down 3-1 after two periods.
SOG 46-15 against. At this pace they might finish with about 70 SOG.
We do appear to playing hard. They are just better.

1 Like

Solid 3rd . 3-1 final.

Agree, MU played hard but was outmanned. Perrson kept the score respectable.

I shudder to think what the scores would have looked like this season without Persson in goal…:grimacing:

1 Like

Person had 49 saves,and was named NCHC second star of the game!
Miami was also 5 of 6 on the PK.

Just got back from skiing and tuned in to see a 3-0 lead? Whaaaaaat? :astonished:

4-0 with an empty net goal from Gresock despite the SOG being 20-41. Wow.

After the disastrous series at St. Cloud we had 5 points in 14 games. In the 8 games since we’ve gotten 12 points. Impressive turnaround.

Still have something to play for next weekend - not being last in the conference. We are only a point behind CC (although their game today is still going).

2 Likes

Given how poor we played this year, the fact that we could end up ranked in the 30s by season’s end is nothing short of remarkable. Granted, there are only like 75 teams in D1 hockey, but still. On paper, this is the best win in terms of beating a ranked team any Miami team has had this season. Think about that!

2 Likes

Was able to listen tonight…sounded as thought they were playing very inspired hockey on Senior Night.

Great win!

1 Like

Conference games through the St. Cloud series:
1-12-1, average score of 1.86-5.14

Since the St. Cloud series:
3-5-0, average score of 3.13-3.13

Seems like getting their asses kicked woke something up in them.

3 Likes

Even though they lost both games at CC, it was definitely an entirely different team than we saw at DU in November. Here’s hoping they can keep building the momentum into the offseason and come out strong next year!

1 Like

Big part is Persson stepping back up. .Before: 875 Sv%, 4.3 GAA. Since: .929%, 3.4 GAA. That’s a crazy difference.

1 Like

Yea us!

1 Like

Whip the Broncos next weekend in Kalamazoo!

CC did end up losing. They play Denver next weekend, who they lost to 0-5 and 0-4 earlier this season. We need to get two more points than them next weekend to not be last in the conference so a split could be enough.

2 Likes

I went to see my daughter the Shako at the womens basketball game and then we went to the hockey game

It was my first hockey game ever in the “new” arena

I dont know what the problem is- we are awesome

6 Likes

Very cool win on Senior Night. Best played game in a long time.

1 Like

Keep attending hockey games! You’re good luck that was a great game! Can’t wait for next season at the Goggin.