Hockey:RedHawks vs Omaha ( @Omaha) 1/20 and 1/21

Time for winning.Miami is overdue.

1 Like

Interesting - Bergeron is 7-2-1 against Omaha, accounting for 26% of his career wins at Miami. Would be nice to get a couple more.

3 Likes

Not a great start to give up a goal within the first minute, and then promptly go on the penalty kill.

Also, I thought the quality of our home broadcasts was bad, but Omaha’s is even worse. You can barely make out the puck half the time and they couldn’t even be bothered to replay the penalty in question while it was being reviewed for a major, just flashed a “penalty review” graphic the whole time. And the audio is stupidly tinny.

1 Like

First Miami goal of 2023!

1 Like

Tie game after 1. Decent period after giving up the early goal and two pretty good penalty kills.

2 Likes

The second period slump continues. Three goals given up in the first half of the period. They’ve gotta figure this out or we’re going to be winless the rest of the season.

Bummer

4-1 after two. The Omaha broadcast doesn’t show any statistics like shots on goal, but it’s gotta be pretty abysmal for Miami…

1 Like

That was completely non competitive for 2 periods and therefore not entertaining. I can take the losses as long as the team shows some heart. I didn’t see much of that tonight.

1 Like

On the bright side, the penalty kill was 8/8? :smirk: Then again, they had to kill 8 penalties…

I believe they just show the same production feed that’s going to their scoreboard and slap the radio audio on it.

Kinda below average broadcast for sure.
Announcers call the game fairly,I thought.
Even a “ Miami’s a beautiful campus when we visit and Skyline Chili uptown
Is mandatory.”shout out.

HOPE THE TEAM gets it together Saturday night.

2 Likes

Agreed. The announcers themselves were decent, far better than some of the opposing teams I’ve heard!

Tonight will tell a lot about Miami Hockey pride and character.

1. Play hard and smart.
  2. Stay out of the BOX!
2 Likes

Neaton in net tonight.

Scoreless after one, and a pretty good effort so far. Neaton looks sharp and there have been multiple moments where we actually look like we know how to play hockey for once, lol. We’ll be starting the second on a power play after a scrum in front of the Miami net that we somehow came out ahead on. Let’s see if we can actually play a decent second period for once!

1 Like

Well, 0-0 after two is an improvement at least. Let’s get something going in the third though!

3 Likes

Actually a gutsy effort. Outshot about 2-1 but didn’t give up a goal until about 3:00 left in the game. Stayed out of the box. Stopped 28 of 29 SOG. Couldn’t muster any offense.

2 Likes

2-0 final with the empty netter in the final seconds. Disappointing, but by far the best effort they’ve shown in several games.

2 Likes

Perhaps a return to dual goalies,rotation? Why not?
At least they both get development opportunity.Heaton’s size
could be a positive factor against the net crashers like Duluth,St.Cloud.

1 Like

Shaping up to be another pretty dismal winter of major sports at Miami…hockey at bottom of league agin so far, women’s hoops undermanned and doing poorly, and a tough rebuilding year w Steele and his players. I do think men’s hoops will be back as early as next year, and in women’s hoops there will likely be a coaching change you would think. I’ll leave what must be done in hockey to the more informed here on the board.

1 Like