Hendrix has resigned

2 Likes

Wonder if it was “forced?”

1 Like

Was the decision influenced by Cluse going into the portal or vice versa?

If it’s being announced as a resignation I assume that means we’re off the hook for the buyout.

2 Likes

Holy heck! I wondered if the top 2 in the portal was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Paging Colleen Day.

1 Like

If she resigned voluntarily perhaps we can use our limited buyout resources to address Bergeron.

3 Likes

My guess is that there was some limited settlement.

2 Likes

I think three seniors might have graduated. Of the nine left on her roster, I think 6 or 7 have jumped in the portal. That’s simply amazing!

I can’t remember if she has a class committed but this has to be a tense situation for them if she does.

What a complete mess!

3 Likes

HIRE COLLEEN DAY HENDERSON!

1 Like

Never heard of her. Any good?

2 Likes

Yes. Very good. Dr. Day Henderson is in the Miami Athletics Hall of Fame.

Miami HOF as a player. Then was an assistant coach. Married to former Miami player and former Miami assistant coach, Jermaine Henderson. Jermaine just took a position this week as an assistant coach at Dayton.

1 Like

Sarcasm sure is neat. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

The interesting thing about all of this is that I am not sure any of us really know what is going on behind the scenes.

It appears that the Cluse transfer following the Wolf transfer may have precipitated the Hendrix “resignation”. That could very well be the case as Hendrix was facing an absolute dumpster fire next year on the court. That would be compounded by the fact that she would have had a difficult time bringing in anyone from the transfer portal due to her tenuous status or recruiting the 2024 class.

However, it is also plausible that Cluse left because she knew talks were underway to separate Hendrix from the program. That also might apply to Wolf as Hendrix recruited both of them.

We don’t know. All I know is that this is something that had to happen for the long term future of the program and it had to happen now…not after next season.

A new coach can hopefully hit the transfer portal hard and have some credibility in the important summer recruiting period for 2024.

4 Likes

Here’s an example of how the portal can be an absolutely essential tool for holding a program together.

1 Like

The way I read the article in the Miami Student is that the transfers came first and that led Hendrix to decide there was no way for her to be successful in the last year of her contract. Thanks to her for realizing it

2 Likes

I read it the same way.

4 Likes

There should only be one choice to rebuild the program… Colleen Day Henderson. It will take a few years, but there is no one better.

7 Likes

You have to love her Miami history.

However, no head coaching experience.

No experience at the Power 5 level.

Cleve and DeUnna failed despite having successful head coaching experience. It is not necessarily the answer.

Megan Duffy did not have head coaching experience but had Power 5 background and we know what she did.

I hope you are right but there are question marks.

All I know is that Sayler cannot make a mistake on this hire.

2 Likes

Welcome to HawkTalk

1 Like

“Kate” should know! And she does.

2 Likes