HawkTalk Email Update/Cost Transparency

I got a notification the other day that there was difficulty registering on HawkTalk for some because the verification email wasn’t getting sent. The good news is that’s because we exceeded the daily limit on emails (100/day) from our provider because of how much traffic we’ve gotten from the coaching search. I’ve upgraded us to 40,000/month. If you know someone who tried to register and couldn’t, let me know and I’ll help them out!

When the move from the old site happened, I mentioned I’d like to be transparent with the costs associated with HawkTalk. The upgraded email plan went from free to $15/month. Hosting is ~$5/month. There are some small yearly fees to keep the domain and SSL certificate (~$12/yr). Don’t want any assistance, but I realized I hadn’t shared that info yet and it was a point of contention on the old site.

Happy HawkTalking!

18 Likes

Thanks for the effort, @JiveHawk. It’s great to have a real site to talk Miami sports.

11 Likes

The coaching news has breathed new life into the bball program. Being able to share it here with like-minded fans has made it even better.

4 Likes

How much would it cost to put “test” back into the url?

2 Likes

Man did I miss a great April Fool’s joke

2 Likes

Thank you, Jive. Should you need financial help to keep this going, please ask. Many here, including me, will help.

5 Likes

Same here

1 Like

#metoo. Wait what?

I’ll be happy to add the site to my business dedicated hosting account. Free from Russian and Chinese hacking attempts!

3 Likes