Happy Birthday, DICK!

The ultimate Miami fan has a milestone birthday today (I’ll leave it up to him to confess how many trips around the sun he has made).

It was great seeing you yesterday at BUGS still going strong and, of course, holllering at the refs!

Happy Birthday, friend! Love and Honor!

12 Likes

Happy Birthday!

DICK is King. Happy birthday!

While watching BG blow us out yesterday was painful, it was great spending the day with Johnny MAC and Skin 66. I have a group of Miami friends that get together to eat breakfast and then go to Reds business man specials. We have a great time catching up and talking Miami and the Reds, but until last year the games often sucked. This experience was similar. 75 is not really a birthday I was looking forward to, but hey, Mom is 101, so who knows how many more MAC championships I can watch.

Both Johnny and Les look great, and I think Les is training for getting a spot on the SR professional pickle ball tour. Johnny had to leave a little early to get home in time to watch his daughter’s hockey game on the internet. She is a freshman at Hamilton ( l think). Anyway, it is one of the NesCac schools that Nescadad is so proud of.

I think Johnny and Les made plans to attend the Norhwestern game and maybe the Notre Dame game together while we were sitting there.

4 Likes

Yep. Carly plays at Hamilton College - the same school where my kid played hockey and baseball. The nationally ranked women’s team lost in the championship game to Middlebury yesterday but might still get an NCAA bid. The men’s team lost 1-0 in the NESCAC semifinal to Tufts.

1 Like

Yes, we fully expect Hamilton to get an at large bid tonight at 8:30. Only 11 teams make the D3 women’s NCAA, so it is an accomplishment in itself. Thanks to all for rooting for Carly and Hamilton.

4 Likes

Go Continentals! Buff and Blue True!

Happy Birthday Dick :grinning:

We are back from Key West - are we on for Mac & Joe’s Tuesday before the Toledo game?

2 Likes

Happy birthday Dick!

1 Like

You bet…5:10 should do it. Thanks for bringing back some of that weather!

I have taken only one serious individual pickleball lesson. It was from a woman who does play on the pro series tour , yes there is one. She complimented my play, but in reality playing against a pro in pickleball is like your city rec tennis champion playing against a touring pro. You learn your place quickly, or in my case at the end of the lesson when we played a series of points. Wow.

Happy Birthday DICK!!!

1 Like

Dick, on the forum, you are a more elegant poster from a more elegant time. I saw this earlier and I had to share:

https://x.com/heyitswindy/status/1764023423485812995?s=20

Three of the 11 D3 bids go to NESCAC programs! Good luck to Carly!

3 Likes

Happy birthday Dick

Cheers to ya, Richard!

Happy Birthday Dick! You have been a great friend over the last nearly 40 years!
I first met Dick between games of the NCAA First Round in Dayton in 1985. We had just lost that heartbreaker to Maryland but we were both proud of the team and got to talking to each other on the way over to the reception for the team at UD.

2 Likes