GREAT SEASON!

So you think they’ll essentially keep everyone on their original East West “pods”’in 24. Seems that only delays their objective. Why wouldn’t they switch pods starting in 24?

So you’re saying we might have to go to Athens again next year? That would be BS if it happens.

1 Like

No reason at all they’d set it up that way. If they split rivalries I’m guessing they’d leave the primary, most intense in its normal rotation. Miami - Ohio, Kent-Akron, Toledo-BG, Central-Western and whoever NIU has as their primary rival.

1 Like

It was a great season! Yesterday the coaches rolled into BW3, and I got a chance to chat with Coach Martin and DL Coach Corey Brown. They got in like 3am. I’ve been plenty critical of CM on this forum, but thanking him for a great season was 100% sincere.

4 Likes

Agree with all of the comments above. Great season and looking forward to 2024!

1 Like

Let’s go back to around 9:15 pm on September 9th… I was walking back to the stadium at UMass following the second lengthy weather delay. At that point we were up 7-0 and we had the ball on our own 1 following a goal line stand. As I approached the stadium, I thought, “We really need to win this game. This could matter in late November in the battle for bowl spots/positioning.” Then the game resumed. And 2 plays later, Brett hit Gage on a standard post play for a 99-yard TD to go up 14-0.

After that game, I wasn’t thinking 11 wins, the Victory Bell, and the MAC Championship. But that is what this team delivered. Now expectations are off the charts. But that’s where they should be. This program built a legacy on being giant killers. Now there is a path to the CFP. Granted it’s not going to be easy and we’re going to need some luck in terms of plays and health but that is true of every G5 looking to earn that postseason spot. The 2003 team never had the chance to get to the Orange Bowl because the BCS rules didn’t change until the next year. That team was too good a year too soon. Now the rules have changed potentially at the exact right time for this team.

I’m already mentally clearing the calendar to be able to get to Evanston and South Bend. I’m also looking to keep open a couple of key December weekends next year.

My sneakers only just fully dried out this morning from Saturday but I’m already pumped to kick off 2024.

Love and Honor.

9 Likes

I was standing with lots of the the parents and a few fans at the one at UMass and watched that play take place. It set an all-time Miami record.

1 Like

I spoke to CM briefly after the game, and gave him kudos.

2 Likes