Golf Anyone? MHT Golf Partner Finder

I will check those out!

1 Like

The one I posted has a White Castle logo on it. Just trying to have a little fun.

2 Likes

I can see it now! One of my favorite bits to do when I play with a friend of mine and we get paired up with two random strangers involves me naming random logos on his ball out to them and works like this: friend hits a drive and then can’t find his ball. The group helps him look. Since I know his brand, I yell “Bob, I think I found your ball!” He gets excited. “Titelist 4?” I say: “Yes, Titelist 4 with an Adults Only dot com logo on it” And everyone always laughs. This can be done saying any inappropriate brand and works every time.

"Last week I had a 51 and 57 at Community Golf Course (Kettering), which was my best round (ever). "

And today I came back to reality. We played the inner course (not intercourse) which is shorter than the outer course from last week. I shot a 56 and a 58. Senior tees to boot. Driving was good, but pitching was horrendous! Too many 3-putts.

I did change from Wilson Ultra 500 balls to Wilson Staff Zip balls, since I was out of the Ultra 500s. That probably did not make a difference.

Argh!

3 Likes

Learn to putt and you will break 100. 2 putts a green or less is key. It’s the index fund of solid golf. No magic formula but always a win. Get your doggone putting correct.

2 Likes

I would agree with you, Professor Fate. Currently I am using Titleist Pro VIs. I get the yellow ones because I can see them better.

Nice break from the Theatre Of The Absurd!

Played 18 at Community Golf Course today. Inside course. 51 and 53 for a 104 which was 10 strokes better than 8 days ago. Pitching is still an adventure. Community does not have a lot of water and limited hazards so I need to get used to those things at Yankee Trace, Heatherwoode, etc…

Had to stop at Golf Galaxy to get more balls before the weekend. I was using Wilson Staff Zip but they didn’t carry them. The worker said Wilson DUO Soft replaced the Staff Zip (at Golf Galaxy). He game me eight free balls and I bought box of 12. I’m curious how they feel. I assume not much different.

3 Likes

Back from Deep Creek MD. Played at nearby Oakland a few times. 60 and 63 (nine holes). Several relatives had the watches with the GPS to track distance of your shot and distance to pin. Wow. I used one for the second time we played. At my level it helps, but not much. But I can see it helping quite a bit as I improve.

And of course, knowing how far you can hit each club is a must. Not there yet.

Also…I was chastised a bit for using Wilson Golf Balls. “Do they still sell them,” I was asked.

1 Like

Eddie, bit of advice buying golf balls. Do a search on eBay for the brand and style you like and buy them new with free shipping. You still have to pay taxes, but if you buy in bulk, just divide the number of boxes by the total cost. Then compare that cost to the store.

Years ago, I ended up with golf ball overruns from Latrobe Country Club. 6 dozen of them.

1 Like

This guy does a lot of ball and club reviews and seems somewhat knowledgeable. He reviewed the balls I bought and had some pretty nice things to say.

I will check eBay though.

1 Like

Life is too short to play shitty, cheap balls. Go buy a case of Titelist Pro V’s and check worrying about balls off the list ever again.

1 Like

Reviews are great!

What I mean by eBay

1 Like

Why are they only $34? It looks like he/she (it?) has only sold 34 items.

If legit, Gee…That’s a great deal.

Despite miserable weather, I played yesterday and today (nine holes) alone at Armco Park. Back 9 so six par 3s and 3 par 4s. Shot 43 yesterday and 46 today.

Still can only drive 130-160 yards but next lesson, we’ll focus on that. I know my swing speed is too slow. Pitching is inconsistent. I’m OK with the sand wedge within about 25 yards but using the pitching wedge is sometimes an adventure (30-90 yards).

Ironically today, hole 12 was the longest at 251 yards and I came away with a par. Drove it about 150. Hit a Hybrid (TaylorMade Stealth 6) on the green and sunk a medium length put for the par. And then I promptly got a 6 on a 111 yard hole!

1 Like

This is all good. Progress on the course is very slow but every year or so if you keep playing, you have a big jump where you drop a bunch of strokes. Typically, this stops after you can shoot high 80s on a big course and then the drop takes longer to see as it’s much more swing based and knowledge.

1 Like

Swing based. Makes sense. Right now, the swing is too mechanical. So many things to think about that aren’t muscle-memory yet.

It’s likely going to be mechanical but that’s ok. Make it repeatable.

1 Like

I go to Instagram and watch Rory clips. What’s helped me is working with a trainer with TRX. Works on the strength and flexibility to get around on the ball.

I never heard of TRX. Just searched and read about it now. Pretty impressive system.

1 Like