Former WR Chris Hudson

Went down a Twitter rabbit hole today and somehow stumbled upon Chris Hudson’s account. He is now a WR coach at Mount St. Joseph University(D-III) in Cincinnati. Happy for Chris and I hope coaching takes him places. He got a raw deal in college because of a cheap shot that ended his career. He and James Gardner would have been a tremendous duo for Miami.

8 Likes

Good for him, and screw whatever player at Eastern Illinois ruined his career. Hope he has a successful career ahead of him.

3 Likes

He’s the guy who had drop foot, no?

1 Like

Not sure what the official diagnosis was, but it was multiple ligaments in his knee and subsequent nerve damage. I believe somewhat similar to what Jaylon Smith had at Notre Dame.

Chris is back in Oxford as a Grad Assistant and getting his masters at Miami.

I heard CM talking about Chris in a recent interview, which tipped me off that maybe he was coming back. He was talking about how the relationships with his players are far more valuable memories than any wins or losses. He mentioned Chris living at his house for 5 months after his career ending surgery. Chuck’s wife taking care of him throughout his rehab. Fast forward 7 years later and Chuck was going to Chris’s wedding and giving him a spot on his staff. Cool story and I’m glad Chris is around the program again.

8 Likes

Chuck is a quality dude. Despite what the haters say.

3 Likes