Football Parking and the UC game

I was in Millett several days ago, and talked with a few people.

One thing that I did not realize for football, was that when you buy a parking pass for the West Millett parking lot, it is not just for West Millett, but includes both lots on Bonham Road; so when West Millett is full, you get turned away & sent to Bonham Road. You are never guaranteed a spot in West Millett, just a spot somewhere.

Also, season ticket holders can purchase guaranteed reserved spots in East Millett, North Millett, all of the lots surrounding Yager & The DISC, and Hannon Park.

Which brings us to single game tickets & parking. When single Home game tickets and parking go on sale next week, Miami has no way to necessarily know if someone buying game tickets and parking on-line is a Miami fan or an opponent (Cincinnati).

It is almost certain that UC fans will buy tickets and parking, with many of them showing up in West Millett at 8 am for the noon kickoff this year.

So, if you do not get to the West Millett lot early, you will likely get sent to Bonham Road.

This has been my problem as well. Hannon and East Millett are great locations but not where my wife and I want to be.

In the last two years we have had one game per year that we arrived 3 hours before kickoff only to be relegated to Bonham Rd.

It is entirely possible that one of us will be sleeping overnight in our car to ensure we get the spot we want!

We have been in the East Lot from the time it was made available and we love it. Guaranteed spot, grass on two sides of our spot and a shade tree. Not to mention a shuttle to and from the stadium.

Where is the student section at Yager now?

Last year students and band had most of the East side, but the Southeastern part was where visiting fans were seated.

1 Like

Thanks, Dick. The Yager map doesn’t identify either section.