Fantasy Baseball 2023

Random thoughts: Don’t give up on Garrett Whitlock or Luis Garcia yet. Talented pitchers off to slow starts…Travis d’Arnaud is on the short DL, and FA catchers are hard to find. Logan O’Hoppe may still be available in your league…Michael Soroka has an “NA” designation (not “DL”). If there’s no limit on your season transactions and you have an NA spot…pick him up. Ricky Tiedermann is also worth an NA stash, but only if you have unlimited transactions.

Yes…Pick up Taj. Thanks to an injury, he’ll remain in the TB rotation. Great stuff. Sure, the second time batters see him, he may not be as effective. But certainly, you have a SP that you can say good-bye to. Such as Tyler Anderson in my situation.

Are you nuts? Pick up a Rockie pitcher? If you need a quick start Friday, Chase Anderson has put up some impressive numbers. And thankfully, he’s pitching AWAY from home. But beware…His 2022 numbers were bizarre. 6.38 ERA but hitters only batted .205 against him.

Ben Lively (Reds) is available in many leagues. Has he turned his career around? Maybe.

Jordan Walker is baaack! If he plays every day, he’s worth a look.

And several butcher’s aprons.

1 Like

How did I miss getting in this league? I’d love to join. Next year?

1 Like

Actually, there was no league (MHT) this year or last year. We did have a league prior to that but interest reduced, perhaps because of the daily attention required.

We’ll try to get a League next year. We should be able to get 12 players.

2 Likes

At one point today, you and I had the only conversation on this board. And I wrote to you partially because I knew you’d write back so the streak would not end!

1 Like

To say my opponent in one of my Fantasy Baseball Leagues had a tough night would be a drastic understatement!!!

Some questions Answered…Some Answers Questioned

Tyler Soderstrom is available in most leagues. He’s catcher-eligible if you are looking…Henry Davis (Pirates) is also available in many leagues…Logan Allen will be starting next week and currently is classified as “NA.” Not a bad pickup in deeper leagues…Bryce Miller will be active Sunday to start vs. Detroit. His WHIP and BAA are ridiculously low…

Maikel Garcia is available in many leagues. Not flashy, but a Top-100 in most 14-day and 30-day metrics…WVU at Penn State in the PSU football opener. Yea, I snuck that in…CJ Abrams is a popular pickup on the waiver wire. If only he could hit for average - Just asking for .270 or better.

The edit was simply adding a letter!

Some questions Answered…Some Answers Questioned

Most leagues have 6-7 weeks left in the regular season. Typically, 6 or 8 teams make the playoffs…Occasionally 4 teams. So you better use those transactions now!..

Reds players that may be available in your league:

Will Benson - Not enough at bats for a roster spot, unless you are in a 14-team league…

Alex Young - If your league includes holds as a category, Young can be considered.

Brandon Willaimson - Perhaps in a 14-team league or a league with unlimited transactions and W, IP, and K as categories. He has five consecutive decent appearances.

Bench Seth Lugo today despite good numbers??? Can you stomach a Rockie road start? No…NOT THE ICE CREAM!!!

Wow. Shohei Ohtani has a torn UCL. Won’t be pitching until 2025? Will he pitch again?

It certainly affects his free agency plans. He may have to take a 1-year prove it deal. Maybe even come back to the Angels.