Fall Preview Scrimmage

Not advocating for the fade, but Nate Muersch is a damn good red zone target. I wouldn’t hate throwing it up to him on occasion.

3 Likes

Ironically, it was that lousy fade that worked to get our go-ahead touchdown against Ball State last year. Admittedly, having Smith throw it most of the season instead of Gabbert was a big factor in why it didn’t work in 2022 at least.

I’m not worried about the offense “yet”. Defense usually is better at the start of fall camp and spring practice as it is less complicated and we have a new OC. I expect better by the first game and as the season starts especially with a new OC. Im being optimistic for sure. worried most about the run game with this OLine after all the defectors.

3 Likes

I’m guessing coordinating the offensive scheme is the definite point of emphasis the next 10 days.

1 Like

That and the offense biting down harder on their mouthpieces!

1 Like

on the brightside, that play action seam route to the tight end somehow remains unstoppable in the redzone.

1 Like

Yes it does. Makes you wonder why we don’t use that play more often and in various locations on the field.

1 Like

Lax did you get a sense of who the starting OL will be? Thanks.

Don’t delete your posts. It ruins the show.

Blues, as I stated at the beginning of my post, I did not focus enough on the linemen to get a good grasp of who was running with the ones and twos. Sorry.

I could have used you at my side for some expert analysis of what was going on in the trenches.

2 Likes

Ourlads has a two deep posted for us.

1 Like

They have Maddox Kopp as 3rd string QB? Do they know something we don’t?

They also have McKee starting at CB and I’m about 90% sure he won’t be active week 1.

And yeah, Kopp isn’t eligible.

But other than that, they might be right. :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

I was just curious because in Bake’s run down video of the OL, except for one or maybe two sports, the other spots sounded wide open.

They obviously don’t know he’s been ruled ineligible.

2 Likes

I really expected to see Jevon Tracy at least at back up receiver. However, receivers as a whole are very deep and talented.

1 Like

I would not worry about that…WR is deep, but unproven so there will be several chances to see guys, I certainly expect that will be the case in OOC, as let’s be honest with our ourselves, Coach tends to treat it like a pre-season tryout.

Tracy will be out there…that said, Kevin Davis running a quick route is pretty effortless (wrap-up, first couple minutes).

2 Likes

True