Fall 2024 Acceptance Rate

The official numbers are now available online at Admitted Students Statistics | First-Year Application Requirements | Miami University.

The acceptance rate dropped to 80.7%
The FSB acceptance rate is 63.34%

I’ve heard nursing seems to be the toughest program to get in terms of acceptance rates. I will try to find their official numbers.

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin!

How does that compare to elite schools or even OSyUk or USucks? Doesn’t sound especially elite. Maybe “better than most” or “good” at best.

“Better than most,” “kind of OK,” and “better than before” all apply here.

If memory serves me well, 80% is the acceptance of Colorado Boulder (flagship) and Nevada - Reno (flagship). OSU tends to be around 50%. These numbers might have changed, though.

I don’t have the official numbers for UC yet. I’ve heard conflicting reports, like “they are accepting everybody” and “they are becoming more selective.”

“The Ohio State University admissions has an acceptance rate of 53% and an early acceptance rate of 59.3%. Half the applicants admitted to Ohio State who submitted test scores have an SAT score between 1310 and 1480 or an ACT score of 29 and 32. However, one quarter of admitted applicants achieved scores above these ranges and one quarter scored below these ranges. The application deadline at The Ohio State University is Feb. 1.”

• US News

I assume this is fairly current.

Edit: Just one character! That’s all! Just don’t send your kids to Temple U! Although…I miss the games at the Palestra.

1 Like

Overall it’s dropped 12% in the past couple years. Nice to see us going back in the right direction after the Covid influx

3 Likes