ESPN+ is doing the DH today

Game 1 is in the 3rd 2ith Miami up 3-0.

It is now 7-0 in the 4th. Karli has hit # 24 and #25, so she bounces back ahead of Jenna G.

1 Like

7-1 after 4.

Regan Bartholemew with a 2 run homer makes it 9-1 as we head into the bottom of the the 5th. So I guess if we get a shutout inning the game would be over by run rule.

They said Kabayashi hit a homer earlier.

Freshman ace Madelyn Reeves finished them off to got to 13-2 on the year. Game #2 starts in 30 minutes. I am going out to mow the lawn.

2 Likes

Win #30 on the season and our 17th straight!

We got 4 in the top of the first of Game 2 . It is 4-0 in the top of the second.

1 Like

5th year transfer Ashley Hitchcock ( Rutgers). struck out the side in the first although they had a baserunner. Parisian got injured trying to get back to first base after Cummings lined into a DP.

It is 6-2 Miami after 3. The Zips walked Karli twice, but it did no work well for them as she scored both times. Holly Blaska blasted one about 50 feet over the CF fence. Our first homer of Game 2 and the 5th on the day. Maddy Banks replaced Parisian.

1 Like

Akron turns it around with a two out Grand Slam to take the lead 7-6 in the bottom of the 4th. Addy Jarvis just came in for Hitchcock. Addy was our #1 when the season started, but this is the first time hse has pitched since March 22.

1 Like

We’ve blown a 6-1 lead. Now down 7-6 after 4. I was just getting ready to say we haven’t really had any pitching implosions recently.

They walked Karli intentionally for the third time in this game and Kobyashi tied it up with a base hit. Karli has scored all 6 times she has batted in the DH. 7-7 in the bottom of the 5th.

Just turned it on in the 6th. 8-7 Miami, then Cummings drills a 2-run shot. 10-7 top 6

Parks homered before that. Akron’s coach got ejected after Cummings homered.

1 Like

They pitched to Karli with a runner on first and she got a single.

3 run homer by Kobyashi and we are up 13-7.

2 Likes

The backs of Miami’s jerseys reminds me of football circa 2003.

14-7 as the Zips come to the plate in the bottom of the 7th. In the top of the 7th, they had to pitch to Karli as the bases were loaded and she struck out, her only time in the DH she did not score a run.

Addy Jarvis sets them down 1-2-3 and we win our 18th in a row. It was the 10th win of the year for Jarvis, who completely shut the Zips down over the last 10 outs.

They did say no live stream tomorrow.

3 Likes

14-7 final. This offense is incredible.

2 Likes