Eastern Michigan women at Miami at 1:00 Saturday on ESPN+

This is another DH just like last Saturday with free tickets available ( See MuRedHawks.com ). This is the Annual Love and Honor DH promoting and raising money for Cancer research, with the usual auction of all kinds of Oxford area and Miami sports trips, tickets, paraphernalia, etc. We also will have the Piston’s dunk team performing at half time of the Men’s game and of course Carnival on the Concourse for the kids. Everybody had a good time last week and we won two games, let’s do it again!

Miami is 7-17 ( 4-9). We are 4-6 at home. EMU is 6-18 ( 2-11). They have lost 9 games in a row, their last win was against us 53-48 in Ypsilante. Most of their losses were close. They have won 6 straight against Miami. Their best players are two athletic, strong post players and that gave us trouble scoring inside, which we rely on.

EMU features 6-2 JR Tyra Eke, from Spain, who leads the MAC in blocked shots and averages 10/7.1. She gave us fits last time. They also feature former Miami commit ( never came when Duffy left) GS Kennedi Myles who has had 9 double doubles this year and averages 8.1/9.0. 5.5 SOPH Olivia Smith leads the team with 37 threes. The Eagles are coached by interim head coach Ke’Sha Blanton, who was an assistant for Coach Duffy at Miami for 2 seasons.

For Miami, Jaydyn Scott has scored 55 points in the last 3 games, Amber Tretter has averaged 14.6/12.1 over the last 6 games. Point guard Cori Lard, a JR, leads the team in assists, is 2nd in the MAC in steals, and has scored double digits 6 straight games. SR Hennessey Luu-Brown leads the team by hitting 37% of her threes. We need this win to keep our MAC tourney hopes alive.

Winner 48-37! Tretter with 8 and 9 so short of double-double.

4 Likes

Again, just very amazed at how great this staff is and hoe improved the team is. Wow. I said a while back I thought it was possible even with all the challenges they faced this staff could win more D1 games than last year’s team did and I’m tracking to victory. They gotta finish strong and win a game in the MAC tourney but it’s right there. Just amazing to see.

I had a great talk with Coach Box after the game. Recruiting is going quite well.

5 Likes

Kathy Richason returned to action Saturday and it was a great help. She was able to play 21 minutes and for the first time since she got injured Amber Tretter and Jayden Scott got breaks and production did not drop off. Katey hit 6 of 9 field goals and led the team with 14 points.

1 Like

We played an excellent first half but once again played poorly with a nice lead when we tried to run the clock late in the game. That part of our game still needs a lot of work.

I got there at halftime. That second half was some brutal basketball. But a W is a W.