Eastern Michigan men at Miami Saturday at 1:00

He needs to get Bultman and Potter back on the court ASAP

We need to finish this game with Bultman, Elmer, Potter, Hunter (if he is ok), and either Cooper or Mabrey on the court. Every time we go to different lineups our double digit lead disappears.

Anderson from deep! 62-50 Miami with 4:15 to go.

What a weird game of runs.

1 Like

Didnā€™t love that Elmer shot, though heā€™s been hot and it went down.

1 Like

Quite a close out. Great to seeā€¦

3 Likes

Winner. A weird one. But Iā€™ll take a weird game if itā€™s a win.

2 Likes

Great win. Playing good ball here. Bultman has elevated his game and the Freshman are coming along nicely. What a game from Eian Elmer! Love & Honor.

5 Likes

Nice win. Iā€™ve been hoping for two things - playing bigger lineups and playing Elmer more.

Weā€™re finally playing bigger lineups and the rebounding difference has shown. And Elmer was just outstanding today. His shooting percentage is great. He gets us easy buckets. Love it!

5 Likes

Players of the Game:

1. Miami Defense!
  2. Eian Elmer-breakout game!
  3. Bultman-steady on both ends!
  4. Reece Potter-starting to shine!
1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest, I did not expect back to back 21 and 17 point wins at any point this season. Sure, opponents werenā€™t great, but definitely more competitive in the MAC than I expected.

7 Likes

First star of the game was Eian Elmer. He was a 3 level scorer (pullup midrange jumpers!), rebounded and defended at a strong level. He is our best finisher around the basket.

Second star of the game was Bultman. The one thing he does consistently is attack rebounds and that really served us well today. His offense was more effective because he made one less move and shot the ball quicker. I hope he continues to be that decisive.

I may have to go back and see what our splits were when we had 2 bigs on the floor versus one. Our starting 5 played well and our last 5 played well. We seemed to not play as well with Morris and Mirambeaux on the floor at the same time.

Iā€™ll take 2-2 in the league. Obviously we want better than .500 but .500 will get us to Cleveland. A very solid game today.

5 Likes

I only differed with you in one spot. I gave star of the game to our D. It was outstanding and totally shut down EMU. The next two we were in agreement.

And in other news, OU lost! Always a good day when OU loses and Miami wins!

1 Like

Fwiw, our two losses are to teams that are a combined 7-0 in conference play.

2 Likes

A very nice week for our program. Eian Elmer with a breakout game, he will be a part of the scouting reports from now on. 23 points 6 rebounds, 2 blocked. Bultman has found his groove and is now the guy Coach Steele has been talking aboutā€¦14 points, 8 rebounds, and 6 assists. Mirambeaux came through down the stretch and contributed 11 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists. The big difference in team stats was shooting. We were 46% on fgaā€™s, 35% on threes, and 85% from the line. EMU was 31%/20%/73%. As others said, we are playing more bigs and doing better on the boards and scoring inside.

3 Likes

18-21 from the free throw line. Anderson and Mekhi both 4-4.

1 Like

2 Likes

Too lazy to look it up, but I wonder how many different players have been high scorer?

1 Like

I think Stan Heath is a terrific coach and always seems to land good talent. I this this is a decent win.

And we could have beaten Toledo up there.

1 Like