Eastern Michigan at Miami 7:00 ESPN+

I’ll start positive. 2 must-win games and we won them both. Tonight, we started with a lot of energy, made them feel uncomfortable offensively and attacked them at the other end, getting great looks. It also helped that they didn’t have Farrakhan. Eastern turned the ball over 11 times in the 1st half. We had 13 assists on 19 made field goals against just 4 turnovers.

In the 2nd half, you could tell immediately the energy wasn’t there, jogging back on defense after made baskets. Eastern got point blank looks in the paint. We weren’t going after loose balls as hard as we did in the 1st half. Except for the pick and roll with Grant and Ayah, we didn’t attack the basket, settling for contested shots. In the 2nd half, Eastern shot 50% while we were 10/20 from 2, but 1/11 from 3.

Congrats to the seniors for winning on Senior Night, that’s always special. But an effort like this won’t be good enough to beat Kent in Cleveland on Thursday.

5 Likes

We had 3 great crowds this year- congrats to Sayler and Sparks

UC was the best crowd in 20 years and it was deserved because of opponent and start

But to get great crowds for BG and EMU when we stunk is amazing

6 Likes

Nice, but the crowds would be more impressive without another free ticket night.

1 Like

You know how many people wouldn’t watch this team for free? They still had to show up, and they did.

3 Likes

Wait, there were free tickets for the Eastern game?

We’re going to Cleveland! Someone update Jack’s resume!

2 Likes

Dumb hypothetical question:

Let’s say Jack pulls off a miracle, wins the Mac and we go dancing. Are you happy to see him come back? I doubt this happens given so many reasons, but what if it did. Curious to hear others thoughts.

My first thought is that I would like some of whatever you’re smoking.

1 Like

Listen, I know it’s outlandish and will likely be a moot point come Thurs night late. Also, there are delivery services now for whatever you desire.

1 Like

There were complimentary tickets for faculty/staff and their families.

Yesterday or vs BGSU?

Regardless I was impressed with the student turnout

The goal is (should) be to go dancing. If he pulls a rabbit out of his hat next week and then gets an extension, so be it. It’s been 15 years. It would likely take a new guy several years to get us there anyway, so yes. I’ll take a MAC tourney title now even if that means several more years of crap.

2 Likes

Dreamers…Miami is one and done…enjoy the Flats…but don’t miss the bus home.

2 Likes

Of course we are. But given the game hasn’t been played, why not imagine an insanely impossible outcome? We really can’t lose either way. Provided we get a new coach if we lose and are cool if he wins and we keep him.

2 Likes

I’ll take the three wins for the MAC championship to go to the dance. Hoping that success breeds success in other areas of the program. :man_dancing:

2 Likes

No one thinks we’ll win three straight. No one really thinks we’ll even win Thursday. Relax. It’s a hypothetical for the sake of discussion. What else is there to chat about at this point in the season?

1 Like