Eastern Michigan at Miami 3:30 on ESPN3

I’m curious which EMU we’re playing. The EMU that hung with Michigan and Toledo until the last minute or the EMU that got run out of the gym by Akron.

2 Likes

The EMU team that is 4-16. I know what you mean, though. Even bad teams can still put it together and/or get hot on occasion.

3 Likes

I’d submit it has way less to do with the EMU team we’re playing as it has to do with the team EMU is playng.

2 Likes

Frustration setting in. Too many unforced errors again.

I’ve mentioned that i feel like Lairy plays pretty bad on-ball defense. Eastern is setting up their backup PG in isolation against him… That tells me they think no matter how good Bates is, whoever Lairy is against is still a better matchup.

Four points may as well be 20.

Mabry is good but streaky

Oh my goodness. Ball goes into the high post, we back cut, and draw a foul, and it’s Farrakhan’s 5th. Not enough of that since the 1st 4 minutes.

1 Like

Hard to fault Mabrey, who is a true frosh, but those last 3 jumpers he missed stung. All wide open, all would have given us the lead.

The winter sports season of discontent continues.

1 Like

Down 4, 15 seconds left and it takes us TWELVE SECONDS TO FOUL.

Holy shit.

Wifey’s bank account can get you a job. But it can’t help you actually do the damn job.

Why did it take us 11 seconds to foul

Unfortunately this is looking to be the worst team in Miami MAC history. I cant remember a worse one

1 Like

Home loss to the shittiest team in the MAC. Embassassing.

1 Like

1-7 is tough, but we’ve had a chance to win every game except for Ball St. Compared to prior years, it could be a lot worse, especially for year one of a total rebuild.

2 Likes

Hard to remember now, but we were above .500 last year. We will be very lucky to win 3 this season.

Why are we the only program in the nation that always has to implode everything just to pray to return to respectability one day?

We all knew there would be growing pains this year, but did anyone really believe we’d be the worst team in the MAC?

1 Like

I agree. We were never going to be good this year and oddly enough, we’ve been in many games.

In a word–no.

1 Like

We were out of the BG game as well.

In the 1st half, it was Farrakhan going 7/8 and Eastern going 14/16 from 2 because we refused to play off their bad shooters.

In the 2nd half, we adjusted and they shot much worse, but they got some offensive rebounds and scored enough. And while Farrakhan didn’t do much in the 2nd half, they went after whoever Lairy was guarding because he’s undersized and not a good defender.

And why we keep playing zone is beyond me. We either give up an open 1st shot or an easy offensive rebound.

But offensively, 15-4 after 4 minutes by throwing it to the high post and either curling off weak side screens or the simple UCLA cut off the high post and getting the back door for a layup. And when we went back to that later in the game, we had success. But we didn’t do it enough. 18 turnovers against a bad defensive team was a killer. And we got nothing at either end from the bench.

Patience. A lot of patience.

8-12 last year. We were above .500 in the COVID fluky year.

3 Likes