Doug Costin now a Bengal!

He was signed to the Bengals practice squad. They need help on the D-Line.

5 Likes

I could not possibly love this news any more! For those of you who refuse to hear that Bengal growlin’, I’ll ask you on behalf of the three fans that support the Bengals west of The Rocky Mountains to hear that Bengal growlin’!

3 Likes

Good for Doug. One of the teams where MAC players have been noticeably absent is the Bengals. Unlike Pittsburgh - which at its height had 9 on the roster - the Bengals seldom have one or two.

2 Likes

Happy for Doug! Thought he had a solid rookie season and was a little disappointed he didn’t see any PT for Jacksonville this year.

4 Likes

Cool …maybe a fresh start…I’m going to talk to a couple Bengal coaches I know and get him some PT.

2 Likes

FYI - no longer a Bengal

Not the news I was hoping to hear. Hopefully he gets a shot in a camp. Guy proved he can play.

1 Like

USFL Champion with the Birmingham Stallions.

Didn’t make the stat sheet and didn’t seem to be in the game much but had his name called once with a Miami shoutout.

3 Likes

From starter in NFL two years ago to a DNP in the USFL? I wonder if he’s hurt…

Costin starting for an NFL team as an UDFA I think said more about the state of the Jaguars more than anything else. That being said, I think he should still be on an NFL roster or practice squad. Hopefully he will get another camp invite this fall and prove himself again.

1 Like

Costin signed by the Steelers

5 Likes

Good for him!

1 Like

Doug was drafted by the Arlington Renegades of the XFL.

Josh Allen was also drafted by the DC Defenders

Third time is the charm for the XFL, right?

In fairness to their second try, they had a good thing going until COVID killed it.

2 Likes

It’s true. Covid killed the XFL star. Just as before that, video killed the radio star. And before that, radio killed the Telegraph Star. And before that, The Gutenberg Press killed the handwritten by scribe star. And before that, the handwritten by scribe star killed the oral tradition star. And before that, I honestly don’t know what happened.