Dismal weekend for Miami athletics

We’re good at that!

Sweeet!
We need season gaming schedule and ticket prices.
When do we play MIT? Berkley?

2 Likes

Check out: Miami ESports.(THE First D1 Team in the Nation!)

1 Like

Chuck, I’ve been following Miami sports for a wh-ile. I still cannot figure out how each of the synchronized skating teams are listed and what skill level each team’s members are in relation to synchronized skating ratings.

And which team does all the world traveling?

The senior team is the higher level. The top teams at USFSA’s senior division nationals are eligible to compete at the ISU-sponsored world championships. The senior team competes against clubs that have no connection at all to colleges or universities.

The collegiate team is the lower level (though I don’t know if the squads overlap or mix). Collegiate is a USFSA-sponsored division of college club teams. It has no analogue at the ISU level, so the highest possible achievement (which Miami has won numerous times) is the USFSA collegiate championship.

A decent comparison comparison (though by no means 1:1) is “elite gymnastics” vs. NCAA college gymnastics. “Elite” is a specific level of competition sponsored by USA Gymnastics in which the athletes are eligible for selection to the national team—the top of the top. Lots of NCAA gymnasts are former elite-level competitors. But because college gymnastics isn’t designated an “elite” level, people actively competing at the college level aren’t eligible for the national team.

Miami’s senior team is something like a university-sponsored elite gymnastics team. But again, it’s not 1:1.

3 Likes