DH Is 91!

Happy 90th Young Man!

Link Below:

2 Likes

The coach during my time at MIAMI 80-84.

Miami’s AD during my time.

Also, sat in the row in front of him at the Vermont basketball game last season.

Actually 91, that post was from 2023

1 Like

Thanks. Corrected.

Happy 91 to Darrell. He was in the line when my graduating class came through the gauntlet at Alumni Weekend in 2022 as one of the two 50 year classes.

I am proud to say that I have had a long term friendship with Coach Hedric since 1971. And if I ever won a big lotto, our new basketball facility would be named Hedric Hall! No one in Miami bball history deserves this recognition more than he does. A great, great Miami Man!

6 Likes

Our coach during my time from 1975-1979

1 Like

Are there not 1-2 bball,facilities or courts in Butler co. Named for DH already ( high school in Franklin?, maybe Miami Hamilton or Middletown court?) at old Withrow,maybe? Need some help on this.
Yes,name anything bball in Oxford after Mr. Hedric!

2 Likes

I am not aware of any bball facility named after Coach Hedric. I ope you are right. However, to be truly meaningful, it must be in Oxford and used for home games.

What about Darrell Hedric Court at Millet Hall?

I have thought about that. However, it is now called Coach Charlie Coles Court. Coach Coles deserved this honor based on his years as a player and coach. I would prefer that his name remain on the court. Charlie was a great guy, a friend, a loyal Miamian, who brought a great deal to Miami bball through his successes and personality. A Miami guy who was loved even by OU students has to be acknowledged in this manner.
I like the idea Grumpy and wish there was a more immediate way to honor these two great Miamians. I keep buying big lotto pots to accomplish my goal to build Hedric Hall. We need to find some deep pockets that are willing to waive their own naming rights and do this for Coach Hedric while he can be introduced at the first game in his facility. Thanks for your thought.

I didn’t know it was named for Charlie. Maybe I sit too low at women’s games to see the inscription on the court.