Debate!

Wow!

Bagels vs. Donuts. The great debate.

For me…It’s no contest.

Bagel (plain or sesame seed) with cream cheese. Every morning.

2 Likes

Had us in the first half not gonna lie.

Yep, bagels, and that’s also my go-to bagel!

Unless…it’s a glazed donut with chocolate frosting from Golden Hands in Fairfax/Mariemont (east side Cincy).

1 Like

I don’t know…on the one hand the Asiago bagels at Panera are delicious, but a few weeks ago I had Duck Donuts for the first time, at Myrtle Beach. My mind was blown…We probably need a 3rd party at the debates…scones?

1 Like

If there was a Duck Donuts close to me I would be a happy man. That being said, if I am choosing one or the other to have most days, a great bagel would win out.

Had my first Golden Hands donut the other day at work. Very solid! Another place I love on the East side is Blossim Donuts in Montgomery. Highly recommend.

1 Like

“New Yorkers are brash champions of their bagels. Montrealers politely insist theirs are best. But there may be a bagel that is better than both in a place that isn’t used to bragging about itself: Cleveland.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cleveland-invents-a-new-bagel-hits-new-york-with-schmear-campaign-1468861268

Bacon, egg, and cheese on a sea salt & herb bagel from Lox has been my go-to if I grab something to eat before noon.

A great deal many shops on this list almost seem to stumble upon a fusion of the New York and Montreal styles, or if they got there on purpose, they don’t really like to talk about it. At the finest bagel shop in Ohio’s happening capital city, the bakers are proud of their hybrid creation, and they really ought to be. Essentially, these are larger-sized Montreal bagels, handsome enough on the outside that you might like to gaze upon them for a time, before slicing. Inside, however, they’re nice and soft, like a New York bagel, and whatever you do with them—schmear, sandwiches, or even just sink your teeth into a fresh one, with nothing on it—you’re winning at breakfast.

2 Likes

Shapiro’s, in Indy! Excellent Lox and Bagel w cream cheese

2 Likes

B&D at 2am!!!

1 Like

Funny thing about lox. I ate a lot of it (on bagels) growing up.

Haven’t had it since junior high school and probably never will.

1 Like

Einstein everything bagels. Full stop.