Debate (2) The real question

Brats all the way!

Cleveland Stadium Mustard.

2 Likes

Carleā€™s bratwurst from the Bratwurst Capital of America (Bucyrus, Ohio). Everything else is crap.

The food is one of the reasons I loved going there for big track meets. Great brats.

Youā€™re not allowed to have any unless you can correctly pronounce ā€œBucyrusā€.

1 Like

I smoked some doggone chicken, ribs and made dogs, burgers, and chili. Plus salads. And hillbilly fireworks were seen. Nice night.

Since itā€™s in Ohio, the mecca of alternate town pronunciations, Iā€™m sure itā€™s something other than BUCK-uh-ris, which is how I read it.

Iā€™ve only see it in print, have never heard it pronounced, which is weird because I covered state high school events for several years.

2 Likes

Byoo-Cyrus

1 Like

BYOO-cyr-us or Byoo-CY-rus?

Bu - for the beautiful countryside

Cyrus - for Cyrus the Great

1 Like

Carleā€™s are also served at The Olde Mohawk in German Village in Columbus. Excellent.

1 Like

East Dayton brats are awesome!

1 Like

Some teasingly called it Bucky Rus

Whenever I am near Bucyrus, I make sure to get a Crawford brat, made by Delaware Meats. It is smoked over an open flame for two hours before being seared and served with a cold Tymochtee Creek lager.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always said the second one, emphasis on the CY

4 Likes

Ever try Brucken hot Gourmet Pure Horseradish( made in Dayton,Oh) on a brat?
With hot mustard,of course from Brucken also! It has to be refrigerated to ship so,is pretty much local.
Jungle Jimā€™s has it. Their mustard too.

This is something I have never tried, but would like to. A good hot mustard is a wonderful thing. Iā€™ll have to check if itā€™s sold locally.

I must be missing something. I went to their website but could not find a mustard, lots of interesting sauces etc, but no mustard.

During last nights post-game 4th of July themed drone show at GABP the drones formed the image of a hot dogā€¦with ketchup.

1 Like

Click ā€œ in storesā€
These carry the products. We send a lot to out of state family,friends.
Apparently local
Pick up in Englewood,Oh isnā€™t being offered ( it used to be).
Dorothy Lane Markets,Jungle Jimā€™s,Dotā€™s markets in Dayton,Centerville offer the
products. SW Ohio Krogers. And more. Product selections can vary
store to store.Stores listed in the web site.
Brucken canā€™t ship their horseradish because it has to be refrigerated.

1 Like