Clemson Tigers Tournament

I don’t mind losing to Clemson. Hate blowing a 6-run lead earlier in the day, though.

1 Like

These are the kind of games that can end up lighting fires under players later in the week. It’s fun but not always productive to have too easy a time of it early in the year. I’ll take an ugly loss or two in the early stages if it means learning not to be overconfident. Anyway, I love the fact that we have a good mix of experienced RedHawks and newcomers. Having an 18 year-old cleanup hitter is amazing!

4 Likes

Our program is without question one of the best and most consistent of all the mid-major programs. We are fairly close to the edge of breaking into the national elite.

1 Like

We walk-off UConn, 7-6, to wrap up weekend. Hawks improve to 9-2. Next game is at #1 Oklahoma on Friday. :flushed:

1 Like

This wasn’t a piddly tournament, these were some big names we played. Even if we didn’t enter the games undefeated, having an SEC team like Ole Miss on the ropes and winning a few other games was a great sign that this club will be a force to be reckoned with this year. Great job to the team and staff.

3 Likes

According to the Massey rankings, we’re #40 nationally and #7 among mid-majors.

3 Likes