CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY (MIAMI VS AKRON)

And outside of the first weekend their freshman year, little to none of those kids have ever been back in Millett for anything

Wow. That is awesome.

This will sound stupid, but for those who watched on TV, just how bad were the officials?

I was there, but front row behind the bench so as a result I only probably saw 60% of the game (don’t feel bad for me, it was fucking awesome, had a blast despite the result) and couldn’t get a feel for the calls. I know Akron was being really physical all game long. There was an offensive foul on Reece Potter that I know was pretty egregious. Obviously there was the free throw disparity. Reece and Elmer basically not being able to play killed us. But what I’m asking is, how bad were the refs?

1 Like

Really bad

1 Like

It was bad. But it’s the championship game and you could see the refs shrug their shoulders at Coach Steele a lot. Kind if the “what are ya gonna do?”

The foul on Potter was Reece was coming across the lane at the baseline, the Akron defender had his arm across Potter’s chest the whole way, impeding him towards where Potter wanted to go. Somehow, the call was on Potter. He was confused, Coach Steele was upset, they reviewed it and showed it in slow motion where it looked like a foul on Akron. Nothing.

It didn’t help the ESPN putzes seemed to give away the ending with all the mixups referring to Miami as the Zips and the wrong conference names. I thought they were drunk.

Miami had their chances. 8:43 seconds of game time and only 4 points. It’s on everyone to get it right and not wait for shots to start falling again

1 Like

Elmer played 22 minutes and took one shot; Potter 14 minutes and two shots. Elmer’s stat line is inexplicable.

1 Like

Probably wouldn’t want to pay what it would cost for our first row seats in the club level for a Cavs game. The view from there is spectacular, and we were close enough to the flame thrower that we could feel the heat.