Buffalo @ Miami

Buffalo won their 13th straight over Miami. We got down 11 to nothing right off the bat. Eventually the lead got to 17 in the second half, but we got it down to 3 points with two of minutes to go. UB then scored 9 is row but we hit threes on our last two possessions so we lost by 5. Daisha Fair ( MAC’s leading scorer went 0 for 8 in the first half, then got 26 in the second half. We

Bcontinue to be a frustrating but interesting team. Our ttwo top guards are still turnover machines and seem to have no respect for the idea of taking care of the ball and getting a good shot every possession

1 Like

To be fair to the team three of our better players, Vannesa Garrelts, Tayjah Foster-Walker, and Amani Freeman, were not available for play. I’m sure having those three on the court would have made a big difference to us. Still, Dick is absolutely right about our turnovers being a major disappointment.

1 Like

Everything you said is very true,Vox, especially the “major” part. We have become almost unwatchable for me the last few years. You ,as a coach can’t eliminate turnovers, but you can lessen them. Certainly these young women are smart enough to realize they are hurting the team by cutting down on the number of shots we get per possession. I would like to see several practices so as to determine what is being done to fix the problem.

1 Like

Certainly hard to sit and watch Into the mid 3rd quarter. Nice run to cut it to three but lots of issues continue. We really missed Freeman on the boards. Even though the box score says 40-40 on the glass we were minus 7 on offensive rebounds. We certainly need more MAC quality talent moving forward in recruiting - Cluse in really special in my opinion; no doubt the best recruit that coach Hendrix has brought in ( Scott had originally committed to Duffy )