A really interesting article from the Toledo Blade
Thanks for sharing. Very interesting indeed. No surprise the tiers the author notes from the MAC. Also, no surprise that Miami and Toledo lead the way.
Can’t read it if not a Blade subscriber of signed on to X.
“Bypassing a digital paywall breaks a website’s user agreement, which can lead to blocked IP addresses, banned accounts, or terminated access.”
I sent out links to done friends and the link was blocked. I was hoping the author would remove the paywall from twitter’s link
Wow, I didn’t realize Miami could move up from the MAC for just $0.99 cents for the first 8 weeks! What a bargain!
The Columbia Record Conference
Can’t read it without paying. But Miami and Toledo at the top of the MAC “money scale” is no surprise. I assume WMU is a close 3rd.
It’s a thin article. Basically says Miami and Toledo want to leave the MAC and are willing to pay but doesn’t say when or where.
Also mentions other MAC admins are scoffing at us, as if they wouldn’t jump ship at the first opportunity.
I get that the timing of all this is horrible with the loss to BG, but let’s be real, that one game doesn’t matter a whole lot when we are talking about our overall stature and financial resources that make jumping to a better conference possible. NIU has been somewhere between “slightly better than decent” and “dog shit” for the last 5 years, and that didn’t stop them from somehow getting into the Mountain West (where they continue to be dog shit).
We could go 4-8 this year and the calculus wouldn’t change much, and heck we’d probably look even more attractive if the decision was made to move on from Chuck and we came up with the buyout.
I think you last sentence is quite accurate re CM.

