Brett Gabbert and Jack Sorenson-Career Numbers!

Just seems like a specific “general” comment (mistyped when I originally said “odd”)

Very odd thing to say absent any evidence.

2 Likes

People reporting “a strong rumor” without attribution is irresponsible.

1 Like

Like… “Fookie’s Mom is being contacted by Eddie”??? :smiley:

3 Likes

Got it Grumpy and you’re right…just trying to protect identities.

Jive and other Lords of the HMT—might want to take my comments down. Understand if you do. As a matter of fact probably should.

I would be shocked if he wanted to leave. A comment like that helps nothing that I can think of. Why make it?

6 Likes

I got kick out of a general store once for asking for something specific.

1 Like

Bold prediction-Sorenson will be a late round draft pick. I think Sean McVay or John Harbaugh will draft him because of the Miami connections.

3 Likes

I always remember a Mike Leach quote about Wes Welker after Welker didn’t receive an invite to the combine. It was something to the effect of “When he didn’t get the invite, I figured he wouldn’t be drafted. But I knew he’d get into a camp somewhere and once he got into a camp, it would be tough to get rid of him.”

I’m not saying Sorenson is going to have Welker’s stats at the next level, but it’s going to be hard to get rid of Sorenson next summer.

2 Likes

I agree. I would add in some regards he reminds me of Chris Collinsworth: not great speed, but deceptively athletic, a disciplined route runner, and sticky hands.

1 Like

This is throwing it back, but he’s in the Wayne Chrebert and Brandon Stokley mold…even a bit of Tyler Boyd (high praise) for recent twist…but Tyler “only” runs a 4.58 40. Yeah Tyler is a bit taller 6-1/6-2 200, but Jack is legit 6’0 195 and runs a 4.55" I believe

I’m seeing a theme here :face_with_monocle:

Cris Collinsworth was fast when he was young. He just looked gangly when he ran. Won high school state Florida title in 100 (yd) with time of 10 flat.

2 Likes

On the North Texas board, someone wrote: “Sorenson is the oil and grease that makes Miami’s offense go.”

1 Like