Bowl predictions and preferences

Anyone who doesn’t want to play in the Arizona bowl better be rooting for Eastern, Central, and NIU to get bowl eligible

5 Likes

USA Today just updated their weekly bowl projections and I like what they are serving up for the Redhawks!

They have us in the 68 Ventures Bowl in Mobile against a pretty good opponent in Coastal Carolina. (7-3 w games remaining vs. Army and James Madison. They have already defeated Appy State and Marshall this season).

3 Likes

Since it’s still called the Bahamas Bowl (I think), since we played there last year, no predictions have us playing there.

The Ventures, Camellia and Potato Bowls are all played on the Saturday of Christmas weekend. Most everything in Montgomery is closed that weekend. Mobile probably won’t be the Mardi Gras atmosphere we saw on January 6. Boise might be Christmassy.

2 Likes

There are some bad bowl title sponsors…and then there’s this :joy:

For the sake of all things holy, please bring the Bahamas Bowl back in 2024

I checked The Ventures web-site and most pre-game functions are the same as before.
Friday night 12/22 there is a Mardi Gras parade, a pep rally and a street party.

1 Like

Interesting, Famous Toastery closed almost all of the Raleigh area locations a few years ago. Nice to see they’ve rebounded a bit, at least enough to be the title sponsor of a bowl game. If we end up there, I’ve got an unused gift card so breakfast on me :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ate at the one in downtown Winston-Salem after a Wake Forest graduation a couple years ago. It was packed.

NIU and Eastern keep bowl hopes alive. Both have a good chance to win next week (EMU @ Buffalo, NIU @ Kent)

I like NIU’s chances better based on tonight’s performances.

The more MAC teams bowl eligible the better… sounds like we should root for one of them to go to the Barstool so we can bowl elsewhere on national TV.

1 Like

NIU looked very good tonight.

Facebook feed this afternoon.

Go BG!

1 Like

Nm

You think Tuscon in December is a crap location when the other options include Boise and Detroit in December

1 Like

I think he was referring to the lack of national TV and the sponsorship, not the location.

Tucson has nothing to offer other than not being cold.

Tucson is not that bad. I went a few years ago to watch my nephew play ball v. UofA and had some fantastic food and amazing cocktails. I’ll get my recommendations ready if we end up there, lol (although really hope we don’t, it doesn’t work with my holiday travels)!

2 Likes

Agree 100%. Tucson may not be a hotbed of entertainment, but plenty of activities to enjoy.

Actually, my sister (and her family) have lived there for several decades.